iRescue

Building my first AR

Hi all,

Looking for a little help building my first AR.

I recently purchased a stripped lower from Paul at Ana. (great ffl btw)

I have a stock and grip coming my way. I've also decided on a RRA lower parks kit.

I am looking for a complete factory upper. I want to go that route as I think it will be easiest for my first rifle.

That being said, where are you guys find your NJ legal complete uppers? I'm striking out everywhere I look. Looking to spend between 500-700ish on a good brand upper

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The last one I ordered from PSA was originally not NJ legal. The day after I ordered it from PSA I learned they would not build it as a post-ban upper so I also purchased all of the modifications needed to convert it on ADCO's website. I had a shipping label all ready and when UPS showed up at my door, I opened the box, threw in the EGW comp, taped it back up and handed it right back to the UPS driver to ship it off to ADCO so they could "Jerseyize" it. If there is a next time I will just ship it directly to ADCO and send them the parts separately, it would be my luck to get busted with it in my posession for the 60 seconds it takes me to open and seal it back up.

Www.aimsurplus has good deals on AR uppers. They go in and out of stock quiclky, so sign up for e-mail alerts to let you know when they come in. My Spikes 14.5" mid-length upper came with a comp. Unfortunately it also came with a bayo lug. I never even went home with it after picking the upper up from a member here. Drove right to a friend's house and Dremeled that lug right off.