Sign in to follow this  
n4p226r

Why do 50rd and 20rd boxes of Speer Gold Dot HP cost the same

I've bought 50 rd boxes from SGAmmo, AmmunitionToGo etc and they've been MUCH cheaper than the smaller round boxes.

This was last December from SGAmmo:

1 x 500rds - 9mm Speer Gold Dot 124 +P LE Hollow Point - $259.50 SKU: 53617-500

i.e. 10x50rnd boxes. It was close to half the price of buying the smaller boxes.

Guess it depends where you are shopping

TheWombat

From what I have seen, when I last purchased a deal on 50rnd boxes of GDPH .357 sig, all of the boxes said "for LE use". My speculation is the 20rnd boxes are the retail "rip-off" packaging they sell via retail channels. The 50rnd boxes might be for commercial LE/Govt sales, that find their way into the retail market... along with price savings.

Just a guess...

just placed an order from SG ammo but they are out of 9mm 124gr +p. i also don't want to order 500 until after i run 100 through the gun first to make sure they function. I can get 20rd boxes from a forum vendor. but they are $26.39 a box. all i need is like 2-4 50 round boxes for $25-30 a piece or so without having to ship them to my house. ;)

I'd grab a couple boxes from the vendor and test them out. That way you can support your local shop and see how well they run through your gun. Usually if a gun doesn't like certain HP's, it will start having issues within the first 20 rounds. If it shoots them well, then buy bulk online.