Sign in to follow this  
Nick T

Para Ordnance with LDA

Been looking at this for a full size off duty carry because my department sucks and only allows DAO... Now the problem is its out of stock everywhere so I can't even fondle one. Anybody got one reviews likes dislikes anything.

I carry a P14.45 LDA Limited off duty. It's a full sized steel pistol, but with a Kramer IWB and a good belt, it's no problem to conceal on my 5'8", 210 lb. frame. I moved to it from a Glock, and the first thing I noticed is the reset. You'll need to train your finger for it, as it is unfortunately very long, about twice that of a Glock. It also has two ticks before the sear resets, compared to the single tick you can feel in the trigger with a Glock and our department issue USP. Once you get used to it, it's an excellent trigger.

I would suggest you go with a stainless pistol from PO though, as I bought one of the small PDAs, also in .45 ACP, and just from training with a holster, much of the black finish has already chipped off. It's apprantly a common issue with thier finishes, so avoid the drama by getting the stainless version.

Hope this helps.

I carry a P14.45 LDA Limited off duty. It's a full sized steel pistol, but with a Kramer IWB and a good belt, it's no problem to conceal on my 5'8", 210 lb. frame. I moved to it from a Glock, and the first thing I noticed is the reset. You'll need to train your finger for it, as it is unfortunately very long, about twice that of a Glock. It also has two ticks before the sear resets, compared to the single tick you can feel in the trigger with a Glock and our department issue USP. Once you get used to it, it's an excellent trigger.

I would suggest you go with a stainless pistol from PO though, as I bought one of the small PDAs, also in .45 ACP, and just from training with a holster, much of the black finish has already chipped off. It's apprantly a common issue with thier finishes, so avoid the drama by getting the stainless version.

Hope this helps.

My department carries the USP in my opinion with the LEM it's the biggest POS out there. I have a Glock 22 that collects dust in my safe that I was thinking of selling before pick this thing up

Lookalike for the full size 9 I may need a letter from my dept to use as an off duty since it hold more than 15 rounds

At least you have a chance my department would laugh in my face if I asked for that

I'm suprised to hear so much love for the Para for off duty/conceal carry. They don't seem to get much love on m4carbine.net or any of the more law enforcement oriented forums. I fired one personally owned Para LDA at SS and it is the only 1911 I've fired that repeatedly failed to fire.