Sign in to follow this  
DirtFarmer

Taurus 24/7 g2 compact......thoughts?

Looking to purchase my first handgun in a 9mm. Was really looking at the Taurus 24/7 g2 compact. I really like the looks and feel of the compact type of handguns. Looking for thoughts of this handgun from whoever has one or had one.

Also open to others thoughts/opinions to their favorite 9mm compacts out there. No keep in mind I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash here. Looking to stay right around or under $500. Just spent some cash on a m&p 15-22. I caught the Italian disease of myfundsarelow, kidding, no offense meant.

No thoughts on the Taurus as a brand. However, I would suggest getting something a little more toward the full size side of the spectrum. I have shot some compacts and subcompact guns and they are not quite as fun to shoot as their full sized counterparts. For me, the exception is the G19. Great gun.

Compact guns feel great in store but have more felt recoil and are harder to control thereby negating the "fun" factor for many. They also, in my limited experience tend to be a little more finiky with ammo. YMMV. Good luck with whatever you choose.

C

I have a taurus millenium pro PT111 which is kinda similiar to the 24/7 compact. I run mine pretty hard I'd say, Not as hard my 19 obviously=P

and I never really had any problems with the taurus. the trigger pull is kinda looong though. I personally never had any hardware issues with

the weapon however. I like it, and it fits my asian hads pretty well =P