Sign in to follow this  
mrg455

Effingers Federal Premium .40 low recoil $20

Hey is this the Hydra Shot, 135 gr hard plastic smaller container, I believe it says "Federal Hydra-Shok Personal Protection / Premium" 135 gr .40 S&W? I bought a box of this just two or three weeks ago at Walmart because I had not a lot of premium .40's in my collection, my portfolio had like only 5 boxes of Speer Gold Dots, 3 or so of the 100rd Value Pack Remington UMC .180 gr JHP (like bulk ammo but in hollow points, halface'd attempt at personal protection ammo... I keep this because it was one of the cheaper ammo solutions in .40 one time at Walmart and even though its not really high quality ammo it would probably be awesome in SHTF barter situation, someone who needs .40 S&W would think I'm really giving them a huge ammo boost with a 100pk of Remington JHPs...) .. so I wanted to shoot all the ammo in my 8 or so G23/22 magazines, empty the speer gold dots and Federal gov't contract ammo (basically the same thing as this Hydra Shock to be honest) and pack them with new fresh ammo.. So I did a box of the HydraShok's here to give me one magazine full of super duper and expensive... but it was almost $30, maybe $27.99 at the Walmart.. so $20 is not a bad price!

the real steal is to go to SGAmmo and order some of their .40 S&W Gov't over-runs/cancellation ammo..they have a Federal HST .40 that the gov't of like California cancelled for maybe DeptCor or something, they have a surplus Federal? or Winchester? that the gov't had contracted for possibility of say 1 billion rds and only took half, and they also have Winchester PDX-1 (The FBI duty round ) in a generic box, all at steal prices.