Sign in to follow this  
Recon Racoon

Sentinel Gun Safes?

So whats everyone's opinion on Sentinel Safes? I know they're made by stack-on, but are the 18 gun safes worth $150?

Reason why I'm asking is because my Wal Mart got a pallet or two in and they're pretty cheap, right in line with my budget? So are they worth it?

For the most part it would be in my room, and It'd just be for storage purposes. Right now, we got the rifles and shotgun just in a corner of the bed room and honestly, it looks a bit...junky that way. But if they're really not worth it, I'll just save my money for something better in the long run.

As long as you realize you're getting a locking storage cabinet and not a "safe," I think they're a good buy. The lock may not deter a thief, but it'll keep your collection neat and out of the hands of children and curious adults.

FWIW, It's been my and my friends' experience that some of these cabinets don't comfortably hold as many long guns as advertised, depending on what you keep in there. Pistol grips, optics, tall sights, and bolt handles may cause some guns to take up additional slots.

I got the 12 for around $100 and I'm happy with it.

As long as you realize you're getting a locking storage cabinet and not a "safe," I think they're a good buy. The lock may not deter a thief, but it'll keep your collection neat and out of the hands of children and curious adults.

FWIW, It's been my and my friends' experience that some of these cabinets don't comfortably hold as many long guns as advertised, depending on what you keep in there. Pistol grips, optics, tall sights, and bolt handles may cause some guns to take up additional slots.

I got the 12 for around $100 and I'm happy with it.

I'm definitely not getting one then. I'll just save my money and get something way better later on. Good thing I asked here first before impulse buying.