Jonnygrey

Phillipsburg PD Before and After

Nothing you can do about a wait over 30 days. You can thank NJ Supreme Court for that one. Join the NJ Second Amendment Society. They have had great luck challenging the illegal crap (extra forms) pullled by local pd. Contact the state police firearms unit about being photographed.

Or allow yourself to put up with the new chief's crap because you don't want to make any waves. Its your choice

Cherry Hill used to be pretty good. We got a new Chief a few years ago who demanded that all reference letters and spousal notification forms be notarized. I asked the Chief why and he said: "Because my name isn't going on any form unless I know the guy is good."

Well, ask your Chief.

And Contact NJ2AS. Nothing in the law requires that your photograph be taken.

NJ requirements have not changed so ANYTHING a local PD requires of you outside of the WRITTEN law is illegal! There is NO spousal consent or notification required in NJ, and it is up to the local police how references are checked and a questionaire or phone call common, and some PDs like to make it inconvenient and have the reference provide their feedback notarized. Now, with the ILLEGAL request of your PD for photos and driver's license, generally just informing the NJSP Firearms Bureau will handle that as it always results in a call to the PD to discuss the matter. Personally, there is no way would I allow the local LEO to "mug me" into his books for a handgun permit.