CMJeepster

TV prop might lead to trouble: Did TV Anchor Violate Gun Law?

Saw this and thought y'all would enjoy it...

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

"Did TV Anchor Violate Gun Law?

Washington police are investigating whether NBC's David Gregory broke the law by holding up what appeared to be a 30-round gun magazine on Sunday's Meet the Press despite being denied permission by police to bring the weaponry on the show.

It is illegal in the district to possess a "large capacity ammunition feeding device."

Gwendolyn Crump, director of the Office of Communications for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department, told ABC News, "NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated."

Another Washington DC police officer and spokesperson Tisha Gant said the situation was "being investigated," but would give no other details including what exactly is under investigation.

A section in the D.C. criminal code says "no person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm." The section stipulates that "the term large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine," or similar devices.

Gregory held up what looked like a 30-bullet gun magazine when interviewing the National Rifle Association's executive vice president and CEO Wayne LaPierre on Sunday. Gregory pressed the NRA head on whether fewer children would have been killed during the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting on Dec. 14th if the shooter had access to less ammunition.

Since the interview, conservative media and gun rights activists said that Gregory appeared to have violated the district's gun law. Police subsquently confirmed they were investigating.

NBC News declined to comment through a spokesperson.

ABC News' George Sanchez and Steven Portnoy contributed to this report."

------------

Zero tolerance!!! I want him put behind bars!!! This cannot be ignored! Oh, the irony of it all...

Anyone want to take bets on whether this guy will even get charges pressed upon him? I doubt it. He'll get off without so much as a slap on the wrist for violating the law.