KpdPipes

Ok, Saiga Guys.....

Mine came without the Side rail for an Optic...is this something that can be added, or is it too much hassle to bother with?? I;ve seen a top rail made by, IIRC Mississippi Autp Arms, but that involves grinding off the front sight post, drilling and tapping, which im NOT equipped to do here at home.. Any thoughts about what my options are if I want to add an optic? (just an RDS nothing fancy)

I have something that looks like this one below, except it isn't a quick-release, which I was told doesn't hold zero well.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Arms-Gear-Weaver-Picatinny-Scope-Sight/dp/B0085E8OP6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1357420689&sr=8-10&keywords=ak47+sight+rail

I have another one on order, but it doesn't have the large cutout like the one above. Using it for my Saiga-12.

I have something that looks like this one below, except it isn't a quick-release, which I was told doesn't hold zero well.

http://www.amazon.co...ak47+sight+rail

I have another one on order, but it doesn't have the large cutout like the one above. Using it for my Saiga-12.

My problem is I dont have the Side-dingus that hooks into....I got a Saiga with a Vasectomy :(

Maybe stuck with a utilimak or a quad rail.. wish the gas tube was removable so u cud use utilimak style gas tubes like a saiga rifle

Going to go with the Ultimak...the quad rail IMO just adds too much weight and stuff i dont need..and that isnt even getting to the Spendy part.. Chaos has some REALLY nice stuff...but i have other projects that need the money more than the Saiga :)

Going to go with the Ultimak...the quad rail IMO just adds too much weight and stuff i dont need..and that isnt even getting to the Spendy part.. Chaos has some REALLY nice stuff...but i have other projects that need the money more than the Saiga :)

U can get a shorty quad rail... seen a few. Only about 4 inches long

That piece that is on the side of the receiver, is it riveted on and can you buy just that piece to add to your gun? Amazon has a lot of different stuff listed and one of them shows that piece.

I understand it's riveted on..but I was under the impression it was riveted onto the Action Rivets...the ones that hold the whole thing together. Either way I Bought TT's old Ultimak Rail..i'll have Paul install it for me and be GTG with no worries