notmetoo

Opinion: Most gun owners are not extremists who object to reasonable regulation

Nice red herring title to this idiots opinion piece. At least they labeled it opinion, too often this crap is published as "news".

http://www.nj.com/ti...ers_are_no.html

I really think we should limit reporters to keyboards with 10 keys or less. They should have to hit "Enter" after each letter and need to register their computers.

Let's everyone correct this writer's mistakes, shall we?

Wow...... Guns that shoot projectiles that inject nano-bots.... Haha this guy is so far out of touch with real life. Manufacture guns that can only be shot by the registered gun owner....? Is it going to have a biometric scanner on the trigger??

Once the guns of the future are manufactured and distributed all other guns should be illegal to posses or transfer....? Really man?

Electric charge guns like those from Star Trek? Haha

Liberals are already promoting the electronic gun in the latest james bond movie.

Besides guns with electronics have already been tested & no police department wanted to use them.

Inventors initially pushed the concept of pistols not being used against the owner if it was ever taken away.

Anyway, liberal hollywood loves to make $$ off violent movies but hate the reality of firearms ownership.

(but they love their bongs in CA, CO, WA)

Haha this guy is so far out of touch with real life. Manufacture guns that can only be shot by the registered gun owner....? Is it going to have a biometric scanner on the trigger??

Once the guns of the future are manufactured and distributed all other guns should be illegal to posses or transfer....? Really man?

BleedingOrange 36 and others - you are the ones that need to wake up. This is already law in the great state of New Jersey. I suggest that you read the New Jersey statutes 2C:58-2.3 through 2.6. This is just waiting to bite us all in the ass down the road. We really need to work on getting these statutes rescinded. NJIT has been working on the "personalized gun" for a lot of years. Fortunately, the state is broke enough that it has ceased funding this project - for now. But with the law still in place, if a manufacturer comes up with a solution (and Anschutz is working to that end - they just need to bring the costs down), we are all, well & truly screwed.

Laugh that one off.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

BleedingOrange 36 and others - you are the ones that need to wake up. This is already law in the great state of New Jersey. I suggest that you read the New Jersey statutes 2C:58-2.3 through 2.6. This is just waiting to bite us all in the ass down the road. We really need to work on getting these statutes rescinded. NJIT has been working on the "personalized gun" for a lot of years. Fortunately, the state is broke enough that it has ceased funding this project - for now. But with the law still in place, if a manufacturer comes up with a solution (and Anschutz is working to that end - they just need to bring the costs down), we are all, well & truly screwed.

Laugh that one off.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yup, the disgraced Governor who resigned was the one who put that through IIRC..

Laugh that one off.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Well my alarm clock just went off.....

Now I am awake, and aware that there is already something on the books about this....

Thanks for the heads up and reference.

I wasn't sure if I saw anything in there about confiscating non- personalized weapons.