Sig226GuyNJ

Dillon XL650 users please chime in

Very simple,

the nut on the rearward of the bar ( on the right in this picture ) is the adjustment, tighten it up to drop in less powder, loosen it to drop in more.

adjusting the nut increases or decreases the " hole " that the powder drops through into your case.

20782_dillon_powder_measure_m.jpg

Sig, where are you located? Might see if someone in your area who is familiar with the 650 would be able to come do a little mentoring for ya. On the iPad so I don't see what I see on my PC, but I'm in Sayreville and if your close I'd come show you a few things or try and answer any questions you might have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.dillonhelp.com/manuals/english/Dillon-XL650-Manual-May-2007.pdf

page 21 if you want to read more.

you'll need yourself a digital scale to weigh out the powder to get your desired amount.

adjust the nut, test it out a few times, measure the charge on your scale, adjust as nessasary, and repeat.

http://www.dillonhelp.com/manuals/english/Dillon-XL650-Manual-May-2007.pdf

you'll need yourself a digital scale to weigh out the powder to get your desired amount.

adjust the nut, test it out a few times, measure the charge on your scale, adjust as nessasary, and repeat.

I like to take at least an average of 10 charges and see how that matches to my individual loads.

Sig, where are you located? Might see if someone in your area who is familiar with the 650 would be able to come do a little mentoring for ya. On the iPad so I don't see what I see on my PC, but I'm in Sayreville and if your close I'd come show you a few things or try and answer any questions you might have.

http://www.dillonhel...al-May-2007.pdf

Harry makes a good point, it's much easier seeing how everything works in person, rather then reading about it and looking at pictures.

If not harry, if you are close to woodbridge I can give you a quick run down on how the press works.

I already have a RCBS digital scale and dispenser. For those you offered to show me a rundown, I will send you a pm. Thanks in advance for the generosity you guys are showing. I ordered the 650 today and I'm in the middle of putting up sheet rock and then floors are being put in. (Damage from storm)

I will send you two gentlemen a pm just to touch base, but it'll be about a month until I get everything set up.

I use the power check but not the one from Dillon, I can't think of the make right now (CRS) but for anyone who has some sort of power check system, I have heard nothing but praise for the Lock out Die, but happy with what I have for now and it works for me.

Either way, depending on what powder you wind up using, it can be more important with some than others, but no matter what, never rely on a mechanical devise as your only line of prevention. Get into a habit and work it into you rhythm as you use the Dillon (or any progressive) to make looking at the powder in each and every case as you're loading.

I use the power check but not the one from Dillon, I can't think of the make right now (CRS) but for anyone who has some sort of power check system, I have heard nothing but praise for the Lock out Die, but happy with what I have for now and it works for me.

Either way, depending on what powder you wind up using, it can be more important with some than others, but no matter what, never rely on a mechanical devise as your only line of prevention. Get into a habit and work it into you rhythm as you use the Dillon (or any progressive) to make looking at the powder in each and every case as you're loading.

One of the issues I came across when loading with my RCBS single stage, I'd load my loads as low as possible while reliably cycling my pistol. But the low powder measure forced me to have to look down into the casing to see the powder line. But I'll try to get in the habit of looking anyway, even with powder check system.