dbldune

Ar-15 with 22 cal conversion kit

Greetings,

I have a Stag Arms Model 8 with their 22 cal conversion kit. It seems that after shooting the 22's there is a build up of lead in the last port of the muzzle suppressor with less lead accumulated toward the end of the muzzle. The last time I shot I had to scrape the lead off of the first port.

Does anyone have good suggestions on how to remove this. I try to shoot a few .223 after the 22's.

Thanks for your help and time.

Rich

CCI actually makes a 22lr that is marketed for AR's. I didnt notice too much lead buildup on mine after shooting many hundreds of round of this ammo. In my humble opinion any decent copper plated ammo should do OK.

On another note, I havent shot a 22lr converted AR in at least 2 years since started reloading hard core again. I can say that 22lr ammo has gone to crap lately. The worst being the remington golden bullets. I just got rid of the last of those crappy things I had. They thoroughly crapped up my MkIII and 10/22 bad. The federal 34gr bulk pack is much more consistent, cleaner, and available. My preferred round is the CCI MiniMag but they are somewhat scarce and expensive at the moment.

Ken

CCI actually makes a 22lr that is marketed for AR's. I didnt notice too much lead buildup on mine after shooting many hundreds of round of this ammo. In my humble opinion any decent copper plated ammo should do OK.

On another note, I havent shot a 22lr converted AR in at least 2 years since started reloading hard core again. I can say that 22lr ammo has gone to crap lately. The worst being the remington golden bullets. I just got rid of the last of those crappy things I had. They thoroughly crapped up my MkIII and 10/22 bad. The federal 34gr bulk pack is much more consistent, cleaner, and available. My preferred round is the CCI MiniMag but they are somewhat scarce and expensive at the moment.

Ken

I have been using the "AR" ammo and get the build up as well. Last time I cleaned it off I poured some of my hoppes cleaner directly on the muzzle break and let it sit. After a little while I just took a screwdriver and gently pushed it off.

Yes, exactly! How do you deal with the build up?

Thanks

I have been using the "AR" ammo and get the build up as well. Last time I cleaned it off I poured some of my hoppes cleaner directly on the muzzle break and let it sit. After a little while I just took a screwdriver and gently pushed it off.