dtown223

Going to Bullet Hole tomorrow, advice?

Since I can't shoot buckshot @ CR,

I'll be function testing the new shotgun @ the bullet hole tomorrow morning.

Website says they open 10am-is it best to show up early and wait?

Is it usually crowded weekday mornings?

Don't know, hope I don't end up regretting it, many mixed reviews

DTown,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for letting me in on the shotty. Tango Charlie, nice to meet you as well.

Good times at the BH today. No extra holes in me, so I think we did well. Met up with Requiem-n-Jaded and watched him break in his new piece. So very cool. Thanks for letting me put some rounds down range.

C

DTown, were you at the port right next to me on my right? I'm sorry that I wasn't that much of a conversationalist. I was a bit perturbed by how crowded the range was and how I was bumping into people. :p

Lol that was me

I don't blame you for being put off, I'm really glad I showed up early,,it was pretty crowded in there!

@Topher- thanks ALOT for infecting me with the 1911 bug! ;)

Anytime.

FWIW, I think I may have finally figured out why my gun isn't running right. 5500 rounds worth of built up gunk under the extractor claw.

Smells good, tastes great.

She's clean now.

C

So what kind of shotgun were you function testing DTown? I tested out my Remington 870, which I bought used. It wasn't cleaned and maintained properly from the previous owner that I bought it from. I'm glad that it functioned flawlessly.

The NJGF targets are great. They helped pinpoint the errors in my shooting form. Now I know what to work on.

So what kind of shotgun were you function testing DTown? I tested out my Remington 870, which I bought used. It wasn't cleaned and maintained properly from the previous owner that I bought it from. I'm glad that it functioned flawlessly.

The NJGF targets are great. They helped pinpoint the errors in my shooting form. Now I know what to work on.

I was running my Norinco "hawk" 982

Which is a Chinese 870 clone

Ran great, solid shotgun.

Now that it's been tested it'll takeover the HD role from my glock 19

ta7ana8e.jpg

That's a sweet shotgun. Did you put in the flashlight mount yourself?

Thanks, the flashlight is mounted to a picatinny rail, which is mounted to a magpul 870 forend.

I'll have to admit, I'm a bit of a magpul fanboy, and this was an economical way to get a light on the shotty.

Plus, I'm not gonna lie I just think it looks COOL lol

Anytime.

FWIW, I think I may have finally figured out why my gun isn't running right. 5500 rounds worth of built up gunk under the extractor claw.

Smells good, tastes great.

She's clean now.

C

Good to know it wasn't any other than something that just needed to be cleaned.

@dtown and @Tango Charlie

I'm left handed and am skeptical of getting a standard shotgun intended for a right handed person. I know that Remington 870 does come in lefty but I also came across the Browning BPS line and other over/under types that are lefty friendly. Should I not bother with one of those as a standard shotgun would suffice? Thanks in advance

Good to know it wasn't any other than something that just needed to be cleaned.

@dtown and @Tango Charlie

I'm left handed and am skeptical of getting a standard shotgun intended for a right handed person. I know that Remington 870 does come in lefty but I also came across the Browning BPS line and other over/under types that are lefty friendly. Should I not bother with one of those as a standard shotgun would suffice? Thanks in advance

Couple of leftys here on the forum, IIRC, RayRay is a southpaw, and a shotgun aficionado

Perhaps a PM his way could answer some of those questions?