kotkot

Spent 30 minutes on the phone with Senator Gordon's office

I was speaking with Matt, his assistant. I explained to him my concern about clearly failing democratic process. Pro gun voices outnumber anti gun voices everywhere now. Even he admitted it. So I demanded that voice of majority is respected.

His answer was that public safety policy demands sacrifices on the parts of gun owners. Such a BS.

I switched gears and went line by line over new proposed legislation explaining why there will be no benefit and in some cases outright violation of due process and constitution. Also explained the foley of magazine capacity laws.

Problem is, someone like Matt, who has no idea about firearms (other than Hollywood) had complete and total misconception about true status of things out there.

His ultimate belief is benefit of public in general is more important than individual right. No surprise here.

We are looking at breakdown of the system, where majority is being overruled by people who have no clue!!

What the heck do we do next? I don't want to end up in court...