Steve_G

New Biggdawg Wet Tumbler

Did you copy the one he made or buy from him? How much by the way?

I was going to just buy the frame from him and do the rest myself but, just don't have the time and hunting down 8" pvc fittings is a pita. So I had him do the whole thing. Prices vary by size and amount of ss media.

http://www.biggdawgtumblers.com/

He's got a nice website... I was wondering how much Arfcom wanted from him to be a vendor -- $600 a month -- He'd be just working for them

He gets the media from the same company I get mine, I just have mine custom cut in a different size -- Cleans the same, Just easier to handle when they are a little larger and mine won't get stuck in the flash holes -- Pricing is close

Steve, How long overall is that drum -- The 8" is supposed to be more efficient but Bigdawg only puts 2 agitators in his 6" drum -- I've been running 4 smaller agitators in a 6" drum with great results --

Those 8" fittings do cost a bunch

He makes a nice product. I'm not real keen on his switch housing and switch being there is 2 gallons of water spinning a few inches away. I'd run that on a ground fault circuit for sure. Actually they all should be run on a GFI.

Welcome to the wet tumbling club! You won't be sorry.

He's got a nice website... I was wondering how much Arfcom wanted from him to be a vendor -- $600 a month -- He'd be just working for them

It definitely wouldn't pay at that price, he has not sold all that many, I think it was in the low forties total.

He gets the media from the same company I get mine, I just have mine custom cut in a different size -- Cleans the same, Just easier to handle when they are a little larger and mine won't get stuck in the flash holes -- Pricing is close

Actually, one of our conversations was about the pins. He happened to be testing a new size. They are .047 instead of the standard .041 but, the same length. He hasn't had any get stuck in the flash hole in over 50k pieces tumbled. I only did 500 and had none stuck.

Steve, How long overall is that drum -- The 8" is supposed to be more efficient but Bigdawg only puts 2 agitators in his 6" drum -- I've been running 4 smaller agitators in a 6" drum with great results --

It's 15 3/4, just over 16 with the cap on.

Those 8" fittings do cost a bunch

Yes they do but, It's alot easier getting my hand in the 6" opening instead of a 4" opening.

He makes a nice product. I'm not real keen on his switch housing and switch being there is 2 gallons of water spinning a few inches away. I'd run that on a ground fault circuit for sure. Actually they all should be run on a GFI.

I did run it off a GFI outlet. I think I'm going to replace the switch with one of those spring wound timers, either a 2 hour or 4 hour one. (yes, I'm that lazy).

Welcome to the wet tumbling club! You won't be sorry.

Definitely liking the results!

looks good steve.

I'm going to copy that design and jeremys and peice something together out of some scrap

That was my original plan as well. I don't weld and just said what the hell, it's only money. (I'll be working a couple Saturdays to pay for it though).

when I do get it all setup, I dont think i'll be going through the work of de-priming every single round first though.

Yes, clean primer pockets are nice, but I now have to run every peice of brass through the press twice. too much effort for little payoff.

Those big fitting are a pain in the butt to find at times, but what I found funny back when I was a semi partner in a construction company was I stopped by Home Depot's sister store one day. Couldn't find any large PVC but they did have a butt-load of 8" and 12" elbows streets connectors etc. the big Home Depot stored don't even carry that stuff, well at least not the 12" stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

when I do get it all setup, I dont think i'll be going through the work of de-priming every single round first though.

Yes, clean primer pockets are nice, but I now have to run every peice of brass through the press twice. too much effort for little payoff.

There's more to it than clean primer pockets. It takes alot longer to dry if you don't deprime first. I usually have an hour or two to kill at work and I just bring a bag of brass and a hand deprimer with me.

and steve, if you need something welded together let me know, I'm a crap welder but can usually get two pieces to stick together. :maninlove:

I'll keep that in mind next time I reach for the JB Weld. :crazy:

Alec, do you have the case feeder, if so, pick up a Lee universal deprimer die and have at it, I do 1k or more an hour, and while people have been reloading for years without cleaning them, it's not going to hurt at all, and I like it personally because I get another look at the brass prior to catch anything I might have missed before reloading it. Can't ever be too safe with rolling your own is how I feel.

De-priming brass sucks -- but the results are worth it -- I had a bucket of .38s given to me this winter from my wife's grandfather -- He's been reloading since the 80's

Never does he clean his primer pockets and you could tell -- There was some real crud in there after a few loadings, I can't imagine how that didn't stop a primer from seating fully

Steve -- What press did you get and where did you find it?? I was thinking of going to the Hornady progressive. Been loading on a rock chucker for 20+ years and I'm not looking forward to running 9mm thru the thing -- just too small of a case -- I can feel the cramps in my fingers already -- I do have dies on the way

I'd go Dillon in a heartbeat but I've got 1 being willed to me -- Still gonna be a few years though

Steve -- What press did you get and where did you find it?? I was thinking of going to the Hornady progressive. Been loading on a rock chucker for 20+ years and I'm not looking forward to running 9mm thru the thing -- just too small of a case -- I can feel the cramps in my fingers already -- I do have dies on the way

I'd go Dillon in a heartbeat but I've got 1 being willed to me -- Still gonna be a few years though

I ordered the Dillon XL 650 from Vinny a few weeks ago. They said 10 12 weeks, now their sight says 6 8 weeks, so hopefully soon.

I was going to get the Hornady LNL but, Nick, Alec and Harry all have the 650 and live close by if I run into any problems.

Jer, being you have a Dillon down the road in your future, that would want me to get one rather than something else. Thinking more along the lines of extra parts, being familiar with the machine and common tool heads and powder systems etc.