sure shot

It is all up to Christie

http://www.nj.com/po...t_river_default The Medicare Obamacare expansion may not be at all consistent with conservative principles ... but it's money. Christie never needed the New Jersey gun vote. His popularity is high enough that he's pretty much a shoo-in for re-election no matter what he does. But he needs the Arizona, Texas and Louisiana gun vote for the 2016 Republican primaries. He's going to have big problems with them if he signs any gun control law that can be described in a 15 second sound bite. That is, I think, the whole idea behind his NJ SAFE Task Force. As gun owners in New Jersey, we're just along for the ride. The Republicans in the NJ Assembly voted the way they did because Christie told them to vote the way they did. Nothing will become law unless Christie wants it to become law.

This seems to make sense to me.. Just because he supported one liberal policy (medicare expansion) doesn't mean he's completely flipped.. in fact this may give him air cover to lean more conservative on other issues, like the restrictive gun bills.

My question is what will YOU do if these laws come to pass? Where is your threshold of action? Will you just sell your 15 rounders and comply with the privacy and home invasions to keep whatever guns they allow you to keep? At what point do you sacrifice your job, comfort, retirement fund, insurances, family and possibly your own life to fight the wrong doers? Or will you never? "Molon Labe" means "come and take them" by the way, and come they will. I am always curious to know what the ratio of smoke blowers to warriors are among the ranks of gun rights supporters.

Where did you get home invasions from? Im pretty sure home inspections wasn't even brought up in the assembly as whoever proposed it was shut down immediately. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/2/new-jersey-assembly-passes-over-20-anti-gun-bills.aspx

This seems to make sense to me.. Just because he supported one liberal policy (medicare expansion) doesn't mean he's completely flipped.. in fact this may give him air cover to lean more conservative on other issues, like the restrictive gun bills.

Exactly. Regardless of what we think about the effect of this decision on his national prospects, the important thing is that he doesn't think so, or he wouldn't have done it. This just solidifies his confidence of sweeping the liberal vote in the NJ election.

I think Christie supports all kinds of expansions...