stevek

ECCKS March 1-3

17 posts in this topic

Just a heads up...the East Coast Custom Knife Show (ECCKS) will be at the Westin Hotel in Jersey City from March 1-3. Great show, and great opportunity to see knives that you would not normally get to see up close and fondle. My better half and I will be there both Friday and Saturday.

MUST RESIST THE TEMPTATION! maybe i'll take a peek on saturday. :)

I hate how everything's become a lotto now. Hinderer's booth is always crazy. Got dealers holding 7-10 tickets while you stand there with your measily one. I was at a lotto one time and a dealer was drawn. He flipped it immediately after he took it. Come on! Dealers should not be allowed to participate in a show raffle. Dealers already got first dibs even before the doors open.

Personally, I've been itch'in for a RJ Martin or Todd Begg. A Dave Mosier or Greg Lightfoot would be nice too. MUST RESIST!!!

Thanks for the heads up though. Almost forgot.

MUST RESIST THE TEMPTATION! maybe i'll take a peek on saturday. :)

I hate how everything's become a lotto now. Hinderer's booth is always crazy. Got dealers holding 7-10 tickets while you stand there with your measily one. I was at a lotto one time and a dealer was drawn. He flipped it immediately after he took it. Come on! Dealers should not be allowed to participate in a show raffle. Dealers already got first dibs even before the doors open.

Personally, I've been itch'in for a RJ Martin or Todd Begg. A Dave Mosier or Greg Lightfoot would be nice too. MUST RESIST!!!

Thanks for the heads up though. Almost forgot.

I know what you mean, but there is always a chance. Both my wife and I have been picked at one of the Hinderer lotteries...mine have stayed right here despite dealers offers. :)

I haven't been to the JC shows yet. Only went to the NYC shows when they were still held there. How do they compare? I remember NYC shows were usually cramped.

They get busy after 1 on friday, and packed most on Saturday.

Pretty much if you want anything that is hard to find, you need to get there Fri at 11am. Just know where your vendor/maker will be.

They get busy after 1 on friday, and packed most on Saturday.

Pretty much if you want anything that is hard to find, you need to get there Fri at 11am. Just know where your vendor/maker will be.

There is a board outside the door with a map of the vendor locations so you can head right over to the table you're looking for. Anybody want to set up a meet for NJGF members at the show?

RJM had about 9 knives available for his lottery today, Let me be the first to congratulate NJGF's very own mag1 on scoring the last of the 6 available Hinderer Custom knives at the Hinderer lottery today. Way to go bro!!!!! We'll be back at the show tomorrow.

RJM had about 9 knives available for his lottery today, Let me be the first to congratulate NJGF's very own mag1 on scoring the last of the 6 available Hinderer Custom knives at the Hinderer lottery today. Way to go bro!!!!! We'll be back at the show tomorrow.

Thanks again Steve! TTYS

That's nice mag1. Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting one of his Spanto customs for a while. Just don't want to cave into the grey mkt pricing to get one. My friend's got a Gen 1 before he became popular. Now that was a smart investment. Can you believe he was charging $385 for them back then? By the time I heard about him, he was in the Gen 3s already.

He still making his stuff in 20CV?