matty

12 Ga or 20 Ga 1st Shotty?

Took my wife, daughter and daughter's fiance out to shoot some clays last weekend. It was the first time for them shooting moving targets and the first time my daughter (21) shot any shot gun. I had my 12ga remmington 1100 magnum with low brass #71/2 (I know, doesn't eject most of the time but one shots are fine), 20ga remmington 1100 shooting high brass #6 (all I had) and a mossberg (forget the model) 410 pump 3" #6. They shot all 3 guns and all 3 absolutely "loved" shooting the 20ga. All three stated comfort, weight, length, ease of shouldering to be awesome. None said anything about recoil........accept the fiance when I gave him a couple 3" 12ga magnum buck shot to try.....

I love my 20ga for bird/rabbit hunting and I have a hastings slug barrel and bushnell 3x9 scope for deer. I can carry it all day with ease and it is plenty powerfull enough to "take down" anything I need it to......