BlueLineFish

Polymer magazine sealing

Look in lowes for plastic weld. Its a 2 stage solvent kindalike the type u use on pvc. A primer that softens the plastic then a glue that permenatly adheres to both surfaces. That being said ive used gorilla glue... and its has held up fine. Just make sure u clean both surfaces well

If its 30 round pmags... u can get the limiters they make for the 20 rounders to 5 rounders and stack them ontop of the oem base plate. I used a foam ear plug to level it out and have ran 30+ rounds through without a hickup. Works great and allows to load on a closed bolt

Look in lowes for plastic weld. Its a 2 stage solvent kindalike the type u use on pvc. A primer that softens the plastic then a glue that permenatly adheres to both surfaces. That being said ive used gorilla glue... and its has held up fine. Just make sure u clean both surfaces well

There are several solvent weld type of chemicals available. Using trial and error you can probably figure out which solvent works best. There are two types of plastic model cement for instance, one is the consistency of glue while the other is consistency of water. Without testing, there's no way to know exactly what will work, but this method, in my non professional opinion, would result in a plastic weld and would also be "irreversible" without destructive methods.

http://www.magazineblocks.com has several blocks for different mags. You can get them to make 10 or 15 rounders. Since "permanent" is not defined, I'd say nothing is really permanent except cutting the mag down to a stubby. Having said that, I think if you block it and epoxy it, you've made a concerted effort to make it permanent. I plan on doing this too.

i ordered the magblocks and the epoxy. Going to order mags to a out of state location and do the work there. I tired of not having mags so i guess i have to make them. I plan on epoxying the block to the baseplate and the baseplate to the magazine body.

i ordered the magblocks and the epoxy. Going to order mags to a out of state location and do the work there. I tired of not having mags so i guess i have to make them. I plan on epoxying the block to the baseplate and the baseplate to the magazine body.

Where did you order the expoxy from and any special kind? Anyone else want to chime in on where they got theirs.

So I did my Lancer L5's this past weekend. I was originally only going to epoxy the spring plate to the spring but it was brought to my attention in another forum that you could just the cut the block further down therefore making it not permanently modified to 15. So I used the gorilla glue epoxy from Home depot to seal the foot plate on. The spring plate was also sealed to the foot plate so it can not be opened.

If you use magazineblocks.com, do a dry fit first and test if 16 can be loaded. I did have a problem with one. I contacted them and they were very responsive and sent out a new one that day.