Sign in to follow this  
NJBeretta

Walther now making HK rimfires?

Just saw this online...

http://www.waltherarms.com/products/tactical-rimfire-replicas/mp5-a5/

What makes this even more exciting (at least for us still stuck in the PRNJ) is that the following part is available for this:

HK MP5 Fixed Stock #578108

I'm curious - when did Umarex lose the rights to the H&K rimfire line?

Even still - just like w/the Umarex line, I wonder if this being branded a "MP5" (despite being a rimfire) negates us from purchasing. Any FFLs here know whether this would be NJ-compliant with either the fixed stock (or a pin to the telescopic) and the neutered 10 round mags?

Thanks

Thanks Maks - clears part of that mystery up!

Anyone see any of these Walther/Umarex rimfires in stores here? I'm wondering how if this one in particular is constructed better than the GSG-522. Heard things about the GSG's stock coming loose after a certain point.... but I could be mistaken.

Thanks Maks - clears part of that mystery up!

Anyone see any of these Walther/Umarex rimfires in stores here? I'm wondering how if this one in particular is constructed better than the GSG-522. Heard things about the GSG's stock coming loose after a certain point.... but I could be mistaken.

I've got the GSG-522SD [MP5SD5 clone]. Can't speak for the Walter/Umarex stuff, but the GSG does indeed have a terrible wobble in their flimsy full stock, and I am always on the lookout for a real MP5 stock for mine. It is also very important to have loctite on most of the screws used on the gun, as they do seem to find a way to work loose too easily. I'm fairly certain the GSG stock is made for cheap airsoft guns, and sadly wobbles more than my [airsoft ]TM MP5A4's plastic stock does. That said, still a damn fun gun to shoot when maintained properly.

I've been wondering about how the walther rimfire replicas shoot, because they do have some fun looking stuff I'd love to get...

Thanks, I had been curious about the stock issue. I actually had one (GSG-522) in my hands back in December - about to purchase - but since for some odd reason the store had no magazines to go with it, I passed. Ended up going with the M&P 15-22 that day instead.