Sign in to follow this  
mag1

Input on S&W M&P-10

I have decided to go the semi .308 route.

I have the opportunity to buy either rifle new. The Colt is $200 less.

They will be NJ compliant.

I want both, but need funds for other toys.

Anyone have either one, and opinions?

Edit: The colt is 5.56. Got caught up in all the craziness. So just looking at the MP-10 now.

The Colt 6720 is a 5.56mm carbine.

The Colt 901 is a .308 rifle that will also accept a 5.56mm upper with an adapter.

Between the S&W AR-10 and the Colt 901, I'd take the Colt hands down....even if I had to bastardize it to make it NJ compliant.

The Colt 6720 is a 5.56mm carbine.

The Colt 901 is a .308 rifle that will also accept a 5.56mm upper with an adapter.

Between the S&W AR-10 and the Colt 901, I'd take the Colt hands down....even if I had to bastardize it to make it NJ compliant.

Realized that about 30 min ago after a back and forth email. I was trying to get the Colt a couple days ago, and just confused the 2.

Gonna check out the 901 now, but dont have access to one and bet its gonna be pricey

To each thier own. Personally, the versatility of the Colt wins me over.

That being said, I am also a big believer in the Colt monolithic upper receivers.

If I can swing it later this year, I'm going to have to break down and get the 901.

To each thier own. Personally, the versatility of the Colt wins me over.

That being said, I am also a big believer in the Colt monolithic upper receivers.

If I can swing it later this year, I'm going to have to break down and get the 901.

I like the versatility also. I cant take away from my SCAR fund. I think that is taking me away from the 901.

Thanks for the clarification before I bought another 5.56 that I dont need

I have an Armalite A10. Just got M&P.

I love the Armalite, it is absolutely incapable of a problem of any kind. I have an Armalite factory muzzle break on it. It rocks right back to the target after every shot. Gun is awesome. Best tactical weapon I ever had and I cant see myself ever getting rid of it.

The Smith is much lighter, at least it feels lighter. Shoots much more like an ar. Very crisp weapon and a joy to shoot. Very light for a 308 and easy to handle. The armalite is like a cinder block, but I don't mind, because the thing is awesome and really built well. I have no experience with the Colt, but the Smith is what all the smiths are. Very light, easy to handle, a joy to shoot, not tiring, and it eats anything you feed it just like the smith ars.

I have an Armalite A10. Just got M&P.

I love the Armalite, it is absolutely incapable of a problem of any kind. I have an Armalite factory muzzle break on it. It rocks right back to the target after every shot. Gun is awesome. Best tactical weapon I ever had and I cant see myself ever getting rid of it.

The Smith is much lighter, at least it feels lighter. Shoots much more like an ar. Very crisp weapon and a joy to shoot. Very light for a 308 and easy to handle. The armalite is like a cinder block, but I don't mind, because the thing is awesome and really built well. I have no experience with the Colt, but the Smith is what all the smiths are. Very light, easy to handle, a joy to shoot, not tiring, and it eats anything you feed it just like the smith ars.

I turned down a SASS a month ago, wish I didnt for $2000