HardCorr

Yugo SKS on Classic Firearms

It's an SKS they are all good rifles, hell get a yugo then get a Chinese down the line why stop at one.

Those are strait up 59's they are not that easy to find way less common then the 59/66's with the grnade launcher.

I would definaly go for it replacement stocks are everywhere for the yugo's if the one it comes in cannot be repaired.

Most of the yugo's coming in now are Kalifornia nutred.

It appears the receivers were tapped and drilled for mounts on these which is a good or a bad thing depending on what you want to do with it.

What are the pro's and con's of the receiver being drilled and tapped. I am new to the C & R game.

What are the pro's and con's of the receiver being drilled and tapped. I am new to the C & R game.

If it's done correctly you can get a rail and then the mount for a scope, the cons are hoping it's done correctly any stock replacement will require bing inlet for the mount properly and the cost of the correct rail.

Bullethole, caseos,and most gun shops I have asked.

Did they give you a reason, or did you inquire as to why they won't accept them?

The only SKS' that are no-go in NJ are ones with a detectable magazine.

I was even told at cabelas in pa I cant buy it from them because i live in NJ. Let me know of an FFL I would love to have one Its on my list of surplus rifles to have.

OMG Custom Guns in Bayonne.

Did they give you a reason, or did you inquire as to why they won't accept them?

The only SKS' that are no-go in NJ are ones with a detectable magazine.

OMG Custom Guns in Bayonne.

for the most part they say its not "worth the risk" and that the NJSP have been known to confiscate them at random and you need to prove that they are legal to own. I was told the same about AK type guns. I don't agree at all with it was just told/

for the most part they say its not "worth the risk" and that the NJSP have been known to confiscate them at random and you need to prove that they are legal to own. I was told the same about AK type guns. I don't agree at all with it was just told/

Sounds like typical gun shop folklore.

Thanks for the FFL.

No problemo. Rick is a good guy and he's a forum vendor. Give him a call one day.

Ohh hell then I am completely screwed then and have a lot of explaining to do since I have a dedicated cabinet of them.

I can understand why a PA vendor may think that but for a NJ vendor to not know what is and what is not legal in the state where they do business is completely retarded. I would make sure I drive past there and onto the next shor or FFL from that day forward.

I can understand why a PA vendor may think that but for a NJ vendor to not know what is and what is not legal in the state where they do business is completely retarded. I would make sure I drive past there and onto the next shor or FFL from that day forward.

Agreed. +1