ogfarmer

OAKS Gun Show 5/4 5/5

This weekend is OAKS gun show 1,200 tables. Eagle Arms show

Since the panic has subsided they past few weekend shows have been a little better. Less crowded and prices starting to drop. This is a good show with all kinds of stuff. Ammo is there but still somewhat pricey for popular calibers like 9mm. Its a good place to get Mosin ammo.

Stop by and see the NJ2AS guys at their booth. They are still looking for Volunteers to man the booth.

http://gunshowtrader...lphia-gun-show/

$1 off coupon -> http://www.eaglearms.com/coupon.html

non residents of PA cannot transfer cross state lines in private sales, thats federal law

PAresident -> PAresident = OK

NJresident-> PAresident = Illegal

Assuming due to the verbiage of the first statement....PA <-> DE resident = illegal as well, correct?

How does sites like Gunbroker and Armslist work then? Transfer through FFL makes it legal?

You guys are talking about person to person sales. It's legal to buy long guns at the gun show. They will do all paperwork for jersey and nics and send it over to NJ.

That's assuming you're going through an FFL, even if the transaction is p2p.

I'm talking about p2p trades without an FFL involved....apparently illegal when crossing state lines.

In WV, I know people walk into the shows with one gun on their possession, and typically walk out with something different....no FFL involvement whatsoever. No cash, no payment, no NICS, no paperwork.....just trading one gun for another. From what I gather, that would be legal if PA to PA resident (as it was with WV to WV resident)...but not to a DE or NJ resident.

non residents of PA cannot transfer cross state lines in private sales, thats federal law

PAresident -> PAresident = OK

NJresident-> PAresident = Illegal

Go over to the transfer table and pay to have one done. Pending the customer agrees.

So do the issues of a long nics wait effect purchases at the gun show? If I buy something this weekend will I have to wait weeks for nics and go back to pa to pick it up?

If you buy a long gun @ gun show, the dealer will use PA's NICS which is fairly quick. And yes you can bring it home. Handguns NO, they have to be shipped to your FFL.

If you buy a long gun @ gun show, the dealer will use PA's NICS which is fairly quick. And yes you can bring it home. Handguns NO, they have to be shipped to your FFL.

Now how would that work....would there be anyway to have the PA FFL run the NICS on a handgun, or does the NJ FFL have to do it?

I mean, it's the exact same check, right?

Thanks that's what I thought. I knew about the handgun nonsense but just curious about long gun waits. Fingers crossed ill be coming home Sunday with a a mosin and a spam can or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way I am going to any gun shows. All prices are through the roof.

And there are so many noobs going to them that the chances of accidental discharges are greater than ever. I would bet the armed noobs are double digit percentage of attendees.

can you bring ammo with you to sell just like people bring guns to sell? I am thinking of bringing a backpack full of federal 525rd 22lr bulk packs

just make a sign and attach to your backpack or sit outside by front door

No way I am going to any gun shows. All prices are through the roof.

And there are so many noobs going to them that the chances of accidental discharges are greater than ever. I would bet the armed noobs are double digit percentage of attendees.

Were you at Valley Forge the day the guy walked in the door with a gun to sell and it went off?