seamusSU

Where to find Ballistol in north Jersey

After reading the various cleaning threads and watching some Youtube videos I want to try out Ballistol but I haven't found it in any LGS. I'm hoping to support a local shop (need some other cleaning supplies also) rather than just ordering online. Any suggestions where I could find it?

If you believe that mineral oli is a good cleaner, then just buy a can of it.  Because that's the primer compound of Ballistol per their MSDS sheet:

• pharmaceutical white oil: CAS RN 8042-47-5
  • Oleic acid: CAS RN 112-80-1
  • C-5 alcohols: CAS RN 78-83-1; CAS RN 137-32-6; CAS RN 100-51-6
  • different essential oils to perfume Ballistol

If you want an all purpose cleaner, lubricant and rust preventative buy Eezox or Clenzoil (on the market since 1948 and used by the military).

Me?  I use Eezox.  Am on my 4th quart now - my 9 month salt air test proved it is the best rust preventative there is ...

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=5457

And here's a test of Ballistol as a rust preventative ...

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=9308

And an other good parts cleaner is straight Mineral Spirits - ACE Hardware has it

If you go to Ballistol's web site they list authorized distributors and I vaguely recall one in the Fairfield or Paterson area

Yeah my brain started working again last night and I checked the website and found a hobby shop 5 minutes away that carries it. Picked it up this morning so I'll give it a try

Yeah my brain started working again last night and I checked the website and found a hobby shop 5 minutes away that carries it. Picked it up this morning so I'll give it a try

And I was just there this afternoon buying Scout Stuff and saw it on the shelf and came to tell you...

Zeppelin's

Route 23

Wayne