Sign in to follow this  
pbkid6974

henry .17hmr

so after my buddy's dad passed away last year he acquired a bunch of guns. he really didnt know what he had and sold most of them for way less than he should have (python for $500 anyone??) i told him that if he had any lever guns i wanted first dibbs if/when he sold them. well he brought back like 3 lever guns and proceeded to sell 2 for way less then he should have got to someone who wasnt me. needless to say i was pissed and he told me i could have the .17 when he decided to get rid of it. well yesterday that day finally came. i traded him my old 1980 gs450 for this sweet little guy and a 12 ga. pump that i havent picked up yet.

what do you guys think?

IMG_20130519_161732_656.jpg

IMG_20130519_161716_941.jpg

IMG_20130519_161616_445.jpg

IMG_20130519_161510_619.jpg

IMG_20130519_161555_270.jpg

Very nice lever. I almost bought a Henry golden boy .22 the other day but could not think if an excuse to give the wife. I have an Umberti 1866 yellowboy in NICS prison waiting to come home. I have plenty of .17 ammo to feed it if you need. Pm me.

thanks guys, now i need to find some decent glass to put on it. any suggestions? ive never shopped for a scope before or really ever used one for that matter. but i think the 17 hmr needs it to be brought to full potential. ive shot it before and this thing is a tack driver.