pbkid6974

motocross fans?

I used to eat, sleep and breath MX.

Gave it up last year after a long string of injuries, got back into sport bikes..... Now I'm laid up again for torn ligaments in my ankle...

There's another MX bike in my near future once I move to Florida...

I guess after 14 yrs of riding its hard to just walk away...

I Ride, Just Not Very Well On A Track. Put Me On A Trail And Ill Keep Up With People Who Have Been Doin It A Lot longer Than me.

Ever Been To A Pro Race? I Went To Unidilla 2 Years Ago. I'm Planning On Goin To Budds Creek This Year And Hopefully Unidilla Again Too.

I had ridden dirt bikes and have been a fan of Mx/Sx for years.  One of my regrets will always be that I didn't put in the effort to train and enter at least one organized race when I was younger.  Still love watching it on TV though.

I Ride, Just Not Very Well On A Track. Put Me On A Trail And Ill Keep Up With People Who Have Been Doin It A Lot longer Than me.

Ever Been To A Pro Race? I Went To Unidilla 2 Years Ago. I'm Planning On Goin To Budds Creek This Year And Hopefully Unidilla Again Too.

Yep I was at unadilla in 2010. I go to Atlanta supercross every year and im looking forward to supercross in rutherford nj this year...

I have been riding something with two wheels and an engine since I was 9 years old. I started on mini bikes and I just recently sold my Harley. Selling my Harley was one of the hardest things I have had to do, but you do what you have to do for your family. Also having to drive through Lakewood on a bike is begging to end up in an ambulance.

I took a few years off 2 wheels when I was in High School to get a quad. I rode that quad for a year or two and sold it after my buddy had an accident and broke his pelvis and messed up his hip socket. There is nothing like riding a KX250 through the woods or on a track. The real problem is finding good place to ride without the cops being called all the time.

Many years ago the track at Old Bridge had MX racing every weekend, I used to go all the time. I think it was $5 to get in for the day, I remember the day Bob Hannah was there not sure anyone will remember him but he was the best MX rider of his time along with Roger Decoster. Then many years later Ricky Carmichael rode there.

And remember there are two types of rider those that have laid their bike down and those that will!!! Anyway those that ride be careful and those that don't watch out for those that do!! I have lost a two loved ones to bike car collisions... This is the first time in my life that there is not bike in my garage..mixed emotions on this!!!

FLHX,

I surely remember bob hannah. He was a legend. I had the honor of meeting him in 93 while I was taking a MX class at Englishtown/old bridge. He was a cool guy. Englishtown is still open and they have several practice tracks open on the weekends. $40 a day nowadays.

Yep I was at unadilla in 2010. I go to Atlanta supercross every year and im looking forward to supercross in rutherford nj this year...

I'm definitely going to the SX race in NJ this year.  My friend says he already has the tickets(he has access to a club box too apparently). 

Bob hurricane Hannah and Roger DeCosta! I'm barely old enough to have caught the end of their careers and knew them primarily as coaches. I was a huge fan of David Bailey, Ricky Johnson, would go to Kawasaki race of champions and watch Jeff Ward tear it up. haven't been on dirt much lately, logistically it's a pain and I can't afford to get hurt and miss work. still on the street though. not sure I could ever give up riding been doing it since I was 10. all potential girlfriends get the same speech, " it was here before you, it's here now, and it will be here after you've gone" lol.

If I wasn't moving to Florida at the end of the month I would be at budd's.

I went to the 2010 supercross finals in Vegas and the monster energy cup.

I plan to checkout Daytona next year.

Unfortunately I took a bad spill on the street just over a week ago.... Sitting out of work with some torn ligaments in my left ankle.... And about $1500 worth of thrashed gear and $2000 worth of damage to my bike.... Very sad over here...post-5695-137029875783_thumb.jpg

post-5695-137029881335_thumb.jpg

Notice the carpet guard...

crashing on a bike is never fun. glad your mostly ok. could have been a lot worse. ive only dumped once on the street. fell over on some loose gravel when some asshole cut me off on a circle. thankfully i wasnt goin fast and there was no one behind me. had a few close calls with some deer. ive crashed a ton off road tho. messed up my shoulder, knee, and back pretty bad but i keep getting back on.

crashing on a bike is never fun. glad your mostly ok. could have been a lot worse. ive only dumped once on the street. fell over on some loose gravel when some asshole cut me off on a circle. thankfully i wasnt goin fast and there was no one behind me. had a few close calls with some deer. ive crashed a ton off road tho. messed up my shoulder, knee, and back pretty bad but i keep getting back on.

Yea I got rid of the mx bike for that same reason.

Spent a few months in a wheelchair.. Flown to cooper when I shattered my orbital in 12 places. Broke both collarbones and three ribs in one shot.

Knee surgery, separated both shoulders and tore the rotator in my left shoulder.

The years on dirt haven't been that nice to me.... But I can't wait to get back on it...