Sign in to follow this  
GregV

He shoots, HE SCORES!!!!!

10 boxes of Tulammo 223..........................10 boxes of Tulammo 7.62x39!!!! $6.99 per box at the local Dicks. Dude caught me as i was heading to the register and told me there was a 4 box limit per day. But since he screwed up and logged it into their book............................it was my lucky day! I'd rather hit the lottery or have been able to roll with 20 boxes of 22. I'll take it!

No man...................I shoot it! I have learned the hard way "stack it deep"! The day may come when you cant get any. Purchased my 1 brick of 22 from Dicks Deptford today. I DONT pass a Dicks with out going in and buying something. A month or so ago I couldn't buy 12 gauge shells for trap......................I will never be without  ammo again. I went as far as ordering  reloaders........................I'll make my own, if and when the day comes. 

Good man. Just don't be a dbag and hoard it or sell it or double to those unfortunate souls who can't go to Dicks at 9 am. Nice to know the Deptford one had some in stock though!

Good man. Just don't be a dbag and hoard it or sell it or double to those unfortunate souls who can't go to Dicks at 9 am. Nice to know the Deptford one had some in stock though!

sometimes you have to pay a premium to get something you want.... if you can't get to Dicks at 9am... isn't it worth it to pay the person who could go? Many years ago there was a gaming system being released that I wanted.. and there was no way I could get there for the release... I paid the guy that waited in line $50 to do it for me... as far as I am concerned that is someone providing me a service... better than not having it at all..

sometimes you have to pay a premium to get something you want.... if you can't get to Dicks at 9am... isn't it worth it to pay the person who could go? Many years ago there was a gaming system being released that I wanted.. and there was no way I could get there for the release... I paid the guy that waited in line $50 to do it for me... as far as I am concerned that is someone providing me a service... better than not having it at all..

I call BS! 50 bucks lmao

sometimes you have to pay a premium to get something you want.... if you can't get to Dicks at 9am... isn't it worth it to pay the person who could go? I get your philosophy but not worth it, If you keep an eye out and wait you'll find it. I don't think I've paid over 15/16 bucks for 9 and I've easily picked up a 1000 rounds since this started.  I also have been able to get .223, 22LR and 7.62x39 at reason prices, there is no need to pay a premium b/c someone is trying to make money. If you go on Gunbot.net right now there is plenty of ammo out there.  Many years ago there was a gaming system being released that I wanted.. and there was no way I could get there for the release... I paid the guy that waited in line $50 to do it for me... as far as I am concerned that is someone providing me a service... better than not having it at all.. For something like a one shot deal on something, Playstation, Laptop..... Yeah, I've done it. I can agree that would be worth it.

sometimes you have to pay a premium to get something you want.... if you can't get to Dicks at 9am... isn't it worth it to pay the person who could go? I get your philosophy but not worth it, If you keep an eye out and wait you'll find it. I don't think I've paid over 15/16 bucks for 9 and I've easily picked up a 1000 rounds since this started.  I also have been able to get .223, 22LR and 7.62x39 at reason prices, there is no need to pay a premium b/c someone is trying to make money. If you go on Gunbot.net right now there is plenty of ammo out there.  Many years ago there was a gaming system being released that I wanted.. and there was no way I could get there for the release... I paid the guy that waited in line $50 to do it for me... as far as I am concerned that is someone providing me a service... better than not having it at all.. For something like a one shot deal on something, Playstation, Laptop..... Yeah, I've done it. I can agree that would be worth it.

my point is more.. as long as this is America.. I am free to do whatever I want with the ammo I buy (whatever I am legally allowed to that is)...

stockpile it.. shoot it... sell it for 50 times what I paid for it..

my point is more.. as long as this is America.. I am free to do whatever I want with the ammo I buy (whatever I am legally allowed to that is)...

That's why I said I get your philosophy,  Damn right this is still America. I'm just saying why pay a premium for something you can get if you shop around . And while I don't like people who do it, nothing legally wrong with said person doing it. Hell, It's capitalism.

And it's my right to not buy it at those insane prices , to call those guys dbags and hope they get chlamydia with a double dose of gonorreah. They are the cause for this situation. Panic buyers and greed.

Since the "to gouge or not to gouge" debate (or "to profit off others desperation or not to profit of others desperation") is alive and well here I figured I would share this link

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-022

This is for anyone that wants to pay way too dam much money for ammo and you dont even have to leave home to do it.  Looks like you can even buy as much ridiculous priced 22lr as you can afford.

Ken

And it's my right to not buy it at those insane prices , to call those guys dbags and hope they get chlamydia with a double dose of gonorreah. They are the cause for this situation. Panic buyers and greed.

actually it is SOLELY the fault of the panic buyers... market price is driven by sales... if you were prepared pre-panic.. then you would not have a need to worry.. 

you are accountable for you and only you.. 

be prepared.. you have nothing to worry about..

for what its worth... $7 for a box of cheap steel cased ammo is absurd to begin with..  prices for ammo have been on the rise forever.. they will come back down when all the people living in panic run out of money...

lesson learned? pick up reloading.. 

actually it is SOLELY the fault of the panic buyers... market price is driven by sales... if you were prepared pre-panic.. then you would not have a need to worry..

you are accountable for you and only you..

be prepared.. you have nothing to worry about..

for what its worth... $7 for a box of cheap steel cased ammo is absurd to begin with.. prices for ammo have been on the rise forever.. they will come back down when all the people living in panic run out of money...

lesson learned? pick up reloading..

It's not SOLELY the fault of a consumer. That's like saying a crack dealer is purely innocent, if there were no buyer he'd make no money. No free market here to balance out the insanity if some nitwits keep snatching every box off the shelves and either hoarding it or selling it at an assanine price point since buyers have no real other recourse. And how exactly do you reload .22? Last I checked that was the scarcest ammo out there and the one in highest artificial demand due to this insane panic buying and assanine gouging. Price is not solely driven by demand, it's a two way street. Suppliers, in this case nitwits who can go to Dicks with 8 of their buddies 6 days a week at 9 am and snatch up whatever is put on he shelf, artificially limiting supply and driving up the price.

It's not SOLELY the fault of a consumer. That's like saying a crack dealer is purely innocent, if there were no buyer he'd make no money. 

tell me how a crack dealer would make money if junkies didn't buy it.... I'm interested.. 

It's not SOLELY the fault of a consumer. That's like saying a crack dealer is purely innocent, if there were no buyer he'd make no money. No free market here to balance out the insanity if some nitwits keep snatching every box off the shelves and either hoarding it or selling it at an assanine price point since buyers have no real other recourse. And how exactly do you reload .22? Last I checked that was the scarcest ammo out there and the one in highest artificial demand due to this insane panic buying and assanine gouging. Price is not solely driven by demand, it's a two way street. Suppliers, in this case nitwits who can go to Dicks with 8 of their buddies 6 days a week at 9 am and snatch up whatever is put on he shelf, artificially limiting supply and driving up the price.

sure you can't reload 22... but you can buy it and store it while the cost was next to nothing..

and again...

people are running out and buying ammo and then reselling it...

what happens if people stop buying it.. they will have to lower the prices to promote interest... 

as long as people have the money to buy at inflated prices... that is the market working... "I have this... you want it.. and you want it bad enough to pay what I am asking"

it happens with ammo.. gas... milk.. housing.. even vegetables..