Coupon Code: SG2959
$25 off any order of $199 or more
Exclusions:
Expiration date: 2013-06-30 23:59:59

Coupon Code: SH454
Free Shipping
Exclusions:
Expiration date: 2013-06-30 23:59:59

Sportsman's Guide Members receive 10% discount on all orders (5% on ammunition). Membership is $29.99 per year, no auto renewals. Add item you would like to purchase to cart and during the checkout it will offer you free shipping on your order if you join the Club and occasionally a small gift too.

Only 1 coupon per order

Same routine, place order, get confirmed then the soldout email. On the other hand I placed an order for the PMC 45 @$18.80 last week after it was listed as sold out. Surprise, get a order confirmation and then waited for ye ole denial email. Instead was treated to a shipping notice and am opening it now as I write this : )

sportsmans guide does not have a modern order management system. it is common to get those kinds of delayed cancellations. they are great place to buy stuff when the world is stable. I stay away in times of turmoil :-)

Their website is really stuck in the early 2000s.  Actually it is surprising how bad most of the websites are when it comes to real-time inventory and order management. Even Cabela's has some serious back office support issues.

sportsmans guide does not have a modern order management system. it is common to get those kinds of delayed cancellations. they are great place to buy stuff when the world is stable. I stay away in times of turmoil :-)

Their website is really stuck in the early 2000s.  Actually it is surprising how bad most of the websites are when it comes to real-time inventory and order management. Even Cabela's has some serious back office support issues.

Theres a reason for that though.  Most companies wont broadcast how much stock they have for competition reasons.  Also with website quantities that's a lot of things that need updating so the script to update it probably doesn't run very often.  Especially with the speed of how fast ammo is selling out, they wont reprogram that just because ammo sells out.  Not too mention any other company specific options and how they do thing.  Im just speaking from what I'm doing now - building the company website for online ordering and stock updates,  I have to run the update procedure manually and it takes 5 minutes with just 500 items online for the test phase

I understand the competition reason. but frankly any decent sized website ilke Cabelas or Sportsmansguide should be pushing enough volume through their web interface to put in some real-time controls on prices and sales. Amazon, at the very high end, but even some small newer sites like luckygunner have figured out how to use that stuff to their advantage.

They are managing several orders of magnitude larger inventories, so their infrastructure should be big enough to handle it. I bet the real issue is that Cabelas and SG are good examples of old school Snail Mail catalog retailers who are really geared to the slower turnaround that you get with catalogs and their entire purchasing / marketing / sales infrastructure is on that time line. I laugh every time Cabelas sends me a shooting catalog full of pages and pages of out of stock ammo!  You would think they wouldn't bother to spend the money to mail them out, but frankly the galley proofs for the mailers were probably reviewed 6mos. before mailing. if they stopped writing them now, the would be missing the mailings in another 6 mos. when stock will begin to normalize again.

They are basically screwed due the turnaround time on catalogs production and mailing. The catalogs just become a very expensive reminder that I should be looking at their website.