Sign in to follow this  
checko

Whats your thoughts on this?

I agree--I definitely see the value in these drills, but I would sure want to know and trust the skill level of all the other participants and my own skill level.  Don't know what they drilled prior to this, but it sounds like they worked these moves without actual ammo before doing live-fire drills.  I would want to have considerable dry-fire drills prior to anything like this.  But I am sure it is valuable training if you are going to be in a close combat or stressful firefight.

I have similar concerns when I SCUBA dive. I do not like the idea of going on an advanced or difficult dive and then being assigned a random "buddy" where you have no idea of their skills and abilities.  And I know this breaks a cardinal rule, but I have argued that diving solo or in a loosely organized group is better than diving with a "buddy" who could turn into a liability.  Same here, not a class for beginners and I would think you would want time together in the group to understand everyone's skill level.