rlsbee

S&W 9MM Shield - issue with the slide

I have a slight concern with my new Shield. When chambering the first round, from a fresh eight round mag, the slide does not fully return without a little push. It hangs with about 1/8" hanging over the frame. It takes very little to push it forward to fully seat it. I haven't shot it yet, just cleaned it and polished the rails a little. Anyone else have this issue? The slide works smoothly and fully seats without a magaziner. When I do get to shoot it, I'm gonna check the slide before taking the second shot.

When it hangs up is the barrel fully locked up already? I.e. when you push it home can you see the chamber area of the barrel move up at all? 1/8" sounds like it's already locked but I'm curious.

If it works after the first shot at the range, it's probably a little tight fitting, that's all. If it fails to return to battery after one shot, stop (do not pass go) and call S&W. You don't want it to fire out of battery and the S&W customer support will take good care of you.

My Shield will stop like that if I GENTLY ride the slide down but not any other time.