NJGunGeek1980

Out Door Range?

Does anyone know of any public (by public i mean i don't have to pay a huge fee and become a member) out door ranges. I belong to Range 14 but their hours are not the greatest. Have some friends that want to go shooting and prefer out doors but Range 14 is only open till 4 pm on Saturdays you would think that in the summer they would stay open later. So again any one know of any out door ranges open to the public or with a nominal range fee like Range 14. 

There's always Ft. Dix. isn't that Range 14? I haven't been down there is so long cant remember. I heard there is a long distance range in Englishtown, don't know the name.Sent using Tapatalk 2

Range 14 is fort Dix. Cjrpc is in Englishtown

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

CJ is in Jackson, NOT Englishtown!

Because CJ is as good as it is, there isn't any competition, plain and simple.  A few private hunting clubs have property in "the Pines", but the land isn't cleared for range use.  Instead, it's groomed for maximum deer traffic so the members put meat in the freezer.

Going through the steps to get your hunting license will entitle you to use the State's Wildlife Mgt. Areas (WMA's) ranges, provided you follow the rules for doing so (long guns only, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Dave

Yes state ranges Are nice because they are free if you have a hunting license. Or your with someone who has one. Only drawback is you cant shoot any center fire rifles at the state range. Muzzle loader, rimfire, and slug gun only. I usually go to Flatbrook WMA, they have 75 yard range. Good enough for slugs, .22lr, and black powder.

I think the place in Englishtown is called Arizona maybe? Not sure if that Range is indoor or outdoor or the lane lengths though.

Sent using Tapatalk 2