Sign in to follow this  
7-3-2

Completely new here

Hey guys,

So i got my pistol craze out of the way and I am about to grab up my first lower sometime next week. I am waiting on a forged lower mega to come into stock and was wondering if I am stuck using forged parts afterwards or if I have the option of mixing forged pieces with billet pieces in my build. Does anyone have experience with Mega lowers and are they high quality?

for the most part any mid range upper will perform the same.. I am not familiar with mega.. but just to explain... when you get a good lower... the finish is good.. the cut and pin holes are really clean and everything lines up well.. some of the cheaper lower quality lowers you run into fit issues...

i do not believe your lower would require any special parts... any standard LPK should work without issue.. I am sure someone else can verify for sure... but nothing that I have ever heard of.. 

for the most part any mid range upper will perform the same.. I am not familiar with mega.. but just to explain... when you get a good lower... the finish is good.. the cut and pin holes are really clean and everything lines up well.. some of the cheaper lower quality lowers you run into fit issues...

i do not believe your lower would require any special parts... any standard LPK should work without issue.. I am sure someone else can verify for sure... but nothing that I have ever heard of..

Thanks Vlad, would you think I am nuts for choosing to wait for the mega over the Black Star and saving $75 or so?

Thanks Vlad, would you think I am nuts for choosing to wait for the mega over the Black Star and saving $75 or so?

i can only recommend what I have used..  and they are all typically about $100... aero precision... S&W... spikes...  and ar15.com lower (which is the odd one out as they are not readily available)... but honestly I would not hesitate to do a spikes lower for any AR I would build... you could definitely spend that money in other places.. like another $75 towards a high quality trigger.. 

The lower itself isnt a part that you have to worry about breaking. If you buy from a reputable company then you shouldn't have issues. The real part to worry about quality is the upper. buy the best you can and don't try to punch pennies here. The other part to worry about is the trigger. Get a good trigger.