Hops

Trenton still holding my P2P?

I dropped my P2P apps off months ago at the local trooper barracks. I called to check the status and was told my paperwork was sent to Trenton more than a month ago. Really? It takes them that long in Trenton? How is that possible if some towns are doing less than 30 days turn around on these?

Does anyone know how long it takes Trenton to process these?

Your local barracks is probably full of crap. Call Trenton State Police Firearms department and speak to an officer there. Get his name. If he says he doesn't have it, you can take that info to your local barracks. If it was returned already, get the date and take that to your barracks. If Trenton still has it (least likely of the three, IMO), then you can just ask for an ETA.

Let me know what you find out, I have been waiting almost 3 months form my P2Ps through the Hamilton barracks and last time I called all they would tell me is that it is "still being processed" and that they will call when they are ready. 

spoke to Trenton, they are still holding it there.  It should be sent out in a few days.

I will tell you, I have nothing but respect for the Troopers of this state.  I am friends with quite a few of them.  I also understand it takes significantly longer than the "less than 30 days" this process is supposed to take.  I just don't understand why the wait is not the same across the whole state?  My friend in south jersey applied for a P2P last month and received it back in 31 days.  How come his did not sit in Trenton for more than a month?  I know its not because of any issues on my end, I have never been arrested or had any kind of problems to run afoul of the law.  I have not even had a ticket in more than two decades.  I have never had any type of mental issue, unless staying in New Jersey for a few decades has now been diagnosed as a mental disorder???