Sign in to follow this  
Sig226GuyNJ

1874 Swedish Rolling Block

Does anyone know anything about these rifles? Bascially, I'm looking for a price range. An elderly woman I know came to me today, asking if I knew how much she could expect something about this. She said someone came to her home and offered her $40 for the rifle and $20 for what she called a sword. I'm assuming it is a bayonet. She did say it has a bayonet lug on it. I'm not sure of the laws regarding old rifle and bay lugs. This woman is a customer of mine, and a widow. She is in financial trouble and I want to make sure I steer her in the right direction and that she gets what she should for this rifle. I am not making a dime on it, just helping her out. If any of you could point us in the right direction and give us a price range, I'd appreciate it. I know alot depends on condition, but any idea of price would be appreciated. I found on gunbroker that is a 1870. The price listed is $1395, but has no bids on it.

The price of swedish rolling blocks varies as they were made for various agencies and governments as far as I know....$ 40.00 is NOT right.........

To say exactly what it is and with the proper markings they can range in price from a few hundred to a few thousand etc....but $ 40.00 it is not the right price.....

Yea, I told her he was trying to rip her off. Can you recommend a place I can take it to have it evaluated?