this_is_nascar

Recent Spyderco Purchases

It started out with older-style Ladybug, then most recently the Delica-4, then a Ladybug-3 Salt, then a Manbug, now several Dragonfly-2's.  I'm thinking/hoping I'll end up with one of the Dragonflys as my EDC, since the Delica-4 is too large for what I want or need.  From what I've read, the DF fits larger hands a bit better than the LB, which I also keep in my pocket.  I have the Delica and the LB-3 Salt in my possession, but won't have the DF's for a few days.  I'm banking on the fact that I'll love the knife, that's why I bought (3) of them at once.

Here are the pics (not my pics), in no particular order and not to scale for comparison.

sp_C11FPBL_zps52f291a0.jpg

Spyderco-LYLP3-rw-86673-100575_zps707c59

sp_MBKP_zpsa8929a46.jpg

sp_C28PBK2_zpscb4f89fd.jpg

sp_C28PYL2_zpsff345db0.jpg

sp_C28POR2_zps71ca7bbd.jpg

Just be careful with the wire clip.  It kinda sucks.  It's not very tight and bends easy.

My dragonfly was being carried in wasteband and fell out into the toilet while using

the restroom on a bus.  Needless to say it was not recovered. 

Perhaps not especially helpful...but for size comparison...

spyderco73.jpg

Delica4's are the 1 blue + 2 pink on the top of the 4th column

Dragonfly Tattoo is 4th from top of the 5th column, above the orange Dodo.  Size should be damn close to the Dragonfly II

Pink [Jester], Green [Jester], and Yellow [Ladybug Hawkbill] near the bottom of the 5th column all use the same handles as the current Ladybugs

I tend to prefer a larger knife, but I would feel perfectly comfortable using a Dragonfly sized knife.  I often rotate what I carry, typically a Military, Manix, Caly 3.5, Nishijin R, Spyker, Paramilitary, Tasman Salt, Rescue, Dodo, or Ladybug Hawkbill. 

Dodo (6 on the right column, orange, CF, CF, blue, blue, black)  has a huge, comfortable handle, but a blade barely larger than that of a Ladybug.  I dunno if you're worried about blade length, or overall size, but a Dodo is a VERY controllable knife.  It looks strange, but it works very well.  Downside is they are only doing spirit runs these days, and they are harder to come by.

If I feel a clip is too loose, I often take the clip off and angle it with some pliers so it is tighter.  Has worked well for me so far...

Just be careful with the wire clip.  It kinda sucks.  It's not very tight and bends easy.

My dragonfly was being carried in wasteband and fell out into the toilet while using

the restroom on a bus.  Needless to say it was not recovered. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Of the dozens and dozens of videos and reviews I've read, this is the 1st negative comment I've heard about this new clip.  Many complained about the older-style built-in clip that was molded into the handle, but nothing bad for this one.  That being said, I appreciate the feedback and will take you experience under advisement.  The last thing I'd want to lose one of these knives.

Perhaps not especially helpful...but for size comparison...

spyderco73.jpg

Delica4's are the 1 blue + 2 pink on the top of the 4th column

Dragonfly Tattoo is 4th from top of the 5th column, above the orange Dodo.  Size should be damn close to the Dragonfly II

Pink [Jester], Green [Jester], and Yellow [Ladybug Hawkbill] near the bottom of the 5th column all use the same handles as the current Ladybugs

I tend to prefer a larger knife, but I would feel perfectly comfortable using a Dragonfly sized knife.  I often rotate what I carry, typically a Military, Manix, Caly 3.5, Nishijin R, Spyker, Paramilitary, Tasman Salt, Rescue, Dodo, or Ladybug Hawkbill. 

Dodo (6 on the right column, orange, CF, CF, blue, blue, black)  has a huge, comfortable handle, but a blade barely larger than that of a Ladybug.  I dunno if you're worried about blade length, or overall size, but a Dodo is a VERY controllable knife.  It looks strange, but it works very well.  Downside is they are only doing spirit runs these days, and they are harder to come by.

If I feel a clip is too loose, I often take the clip off and angle it with some pliers so it is tighter.  Has worked well for me so far...

Thanks.  That's extremely helpful for size comparison between various knives.  I saved off that picture for future reference.

Do you need a clip for such a small knife? If not, check out the manbug. I carry one on my keychain as a back up to my EDC (which just last week became my dream Chris Reeve Sebenza, but I digress.) It fits well in the pocket, is big enough to easily open one-handed, and as expected is extremely rugged and sharp.

Edit: Just reread your post and saw man bug. Still, hope my mini-review will be helpful for someone else.

Do you need a clip for such a small knife? If not, check out the manbug. I carry one on my keychain as a back up to my EDC (which just last week became my dream Chris Reeve Sebenza, but I digress.) It fits well in the pocket, is big enough to easily open one-handed, and as expected is extremely rugged and sharp.

Edit: Just reread your post and saw man bug. Still, hope my mini-review will be helpful for someone else.

Thanks.  I mentioned on 1st post, that I did order a Manbug and just waiting for it to arrive.  As far as the clip on the Dragonfly, since I've never owned one, I don't know if the clip is necessary or not.  I believe it comes off, so that shouldn't be a big deal if that's the one/way I decide to EDC.