emptyshell

TAS Sights

I got hands on these for a day about two years ago. Did not do any live fire, only dry fire.

I was initially very intrigued by this concept and really wanted them to work, but once I got hands on I realized the flaws. This sight only works as advertised when you are in a perfect shooting position. The instant you need to move your head, your arms or the gun, you lose the sight picture.

It may be great for bullseye shooting or range work, but trying to use these in prone, kneeling, rollover, or asymmetrical shooting positions is impossible makimg these a no-go for gunfighting or any defensive handgun use.

I can not speak on accuracy as I fired no live rounds through the pistol.

Looking at the fiber optic one, this has a sight radius of zero. It is like shooting with a front sight only, except you moved it to the back of the gun so that it is in the absolute worst position to indicate you are deflecting from a proper sight picture, thus encouraging poor accuracy. But since your "good sight picture" is molded in, you pull the trigger regardless of how badly you aimed. 

Looking at the peephole version, it's a REALLY small ghost ring. It can work, but it will be slow to acquire and settle down to a good sight picture. 

These are stupid, don't waste your money. Everything that they can encourage that is useful doesn't require them, and there is a bunch of useful stuff  a notch and post style sight can do that they will do miserably at.