Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

How Times Have Changed..... LOL

A friend recently gave me a complete collection of American Rifleman from 1937  to 1945.  I am sitting here and reading and going wow, what the heck happened to this magazine.  There are full gunsmithing tutorials, shooting instruction, all around a great gun mag.  If it was the same way and style today I would be willing to pay top dollar for a subscription.  It seems now that gun mags are just paid advertisments, worthless junk.  And I have to admit looking at some of the ad's in the back make you chuckle.  WTS unissued 1903 springfields in the wrap never fired  $6.50  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really is a shame that's there's no quality gun mags out there. What we have now is basically Playboy for guns, and it's not even worth reading the articles. It seems the best publications are online blogs like TFB, Vuurwapen, and the recent Bang Switch. It's definitely a sad state of affairs for the paper media industry.