7-3-2

lightweight butt stocks??

Hey guys, even though I'm still debating full siz vs carbine I know for a fact I'm aiming to make it lightweight (so most likely I'm going carbine) ANYWAY, I am looking at the MOE fixed and ACE skeleton stocks as I figure they must be pretty lightweight. Can anyone tell me of any other options I am missing out there that I might want to look into before I pull the trigger on either of these guys?

The Carbine vs rifle thing might not matter for weight. The Rifle length tube doesn't have the extra locking strip that the carbine one does, and the carbine buffer is heavier.  I guess the ACE tube that works with their stock would be the lightest combination but the length is exactly what it is and you can't change it.

I'm quite happy with the weight of the rifle tube with the rifle size Ace stock, it is one of the lightest options, and you can have it at A1 length (metal butt plate) or A2 length (add the rubber pad) or even longer with extended rubber pad. 

lightest is the ARFX entryu stock if that works for you. Carbine buffers are lighter than rifle buffers. if you can get your rifle running with a standard carbine buffer, that's the lightest stock assembly I know of. 

Raz-0 is of course correct in that the buffer is lighter in the carbine (I typed that backwards), but about 2oz. On the other hand the rifle tube itself is lighter then the carbine tube by .5 to 1.5oz (depending on manufacturers) and the carbine tube has additional weight from the castle nut. The short version of that is that the weight of the recoil assembly (buffer, spring, tube, castle nut, etc) is pretty much the same when you compare rifle and carbine length systems. Then, oddly, the ARFX A1/A2 length stock is lighter then some plastic carbine stocks.  Indeed the lightest combo would the the ARFX entry as it has a dedicated carbine tube, without the adjustable locking bits.