bhunted

New look for my Colt

If anyone recalls, I got bored with my old scratched up nickel Colt Govt 45 Mk IV Series 70 and gold electro plated it.

Then I got the hankering for a new Kimber Warrior SOC when they come out but started having second thoughts about the gun vs price.

So I said, "hmmmmmm"..... How about Cerakote what I have to almost look like a SOC minus the rail and laser. Slapped the original wood grips back on, (still waiting for the G10 VZ Grips, that company is F-ing slow!)... and viola... Behold... Upper is Burnt Bronze, lower is OD Green, rest of the parts are high gloss black. Oh and slapped some Trijicons on it... and gave it a Wilson 8 round mag to chew on.

post-5135-138488885593_thumb.jpg

post-5135-138488886921_thumb.jpg

post-5135-138488888176_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Thanks... Just hope it holds up under fire. It doesn't seem that thick of a coat. We shall see.

Gold revolver? That would be different....

Thanks... Just hope it holds up under fire. It doesn't seem that thick of a coat. We shall see.

Gold revolver? That would be different....

Everyone needs a pimp gun. Gold cerakote with pearl grips = bling blang. Let us know how it holds up. Where did you get it done? Price?

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

I woul give VZ a call, I have never waited more than a week for grips from them.

It says on thier website they allow up to 14 days to ship https://vzgrips.com/policies  I ordered a set Oct 31 during thier 20% off halloween sale and they showed up Nov 16.  The wait was worth it though

Very nice, I am very happy with my STI that I got cerekoated. Only 50 rounds through it so far but finish is holding up. The guy who did it said it will wear in the normal places after a while.

Who did yours? I had Ottomanelli's send it to their guy. I'm a little leery. Front bottom of slide has slight wear near inner rim like it didn't take good. Couple checkers on mainspring housing too. Barely noticeable unless you look hard or I point them out. He had to really buff it down to get scratches out so I lost a little engraving but I figured I would beings it is circa 1978ish... I didn't even think they could do a polished nickel gun but they glass bead it or something... I was under the impression this stuff was suppose to be real durable. It made the gun very tight. Not as easy to get the bushing off and the pins like it use to be. But maybe I'm just spoiled with a really broken in gun. A 1911 that never had it is going to really push the cerakote to the limits I think.

Who did yours? I had Ottomanelli's send it to their guy. I'm a little leery. Front bottom of slide has slight wear near inner rim like it didn't take good. Couple checkers on mainspring housing too. Barely noticeable unless you look hard or I point them out. He had to really buff it down to get scratches out so I lost a little engraving but I figured I would beings it is circa 1978ish... I didn't even think they could do a polished nickel gun but they glass bead it or something... I was under the impression this stuff was suppose to be real durable. It made the gun very tight. Not as easy to get the bushing off and the pins like it use to be. But maybe I'm just spoiled with a really broken in gun. A 1911 that never had it is going to really push the cerakote to the limits I think.

Dan from precision firearms.

http://coatyourgun.com/cerakote.html

He is in Edison. He had it ready for me in 2 days. The gun was tight to begin with, but is super tight now. Not affecting function and I am sure it will wear in.

Yep, it's them in Edison..

Finally got the new VZ grips today after lighting a fire under their arse. Little darker than expected but nice nevertheless.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro