ryan_j

Maine CCW going away for NJ residents

Man I was gonna go for the Utah and then Maine since that's where my family is from and that's where I would get the most benefit from having one. The thing is I was there last October and I open carried. I felt a little weird at first ...or felt like I must look like a big dork or something. But after a few hours I was used to it. Every now and then it would hit me that I have a full sized .45 on my hip and nobody cares! Like if you had a pack of cigarettes rolled up in the sleeve of your t-shirt I think that would've caught more attention. Only one person (not counting my relatives) had anything to say about it and she was just using it as an excuse to open the door for her to tell me all about her and her husband's gun collection.

Keep in mind my family is WAAAAY up in the mountains in a small town. I don't know how it would go over in Augusta, Portland, Kittery or one of their other bigger cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Brunswick right now for work, the area is pretty liberal due to Bowdoin College.  As I was walking out of Wal-Mart I walked past a guy OCing a full sized Glock.  Nobody except me seemed to pay any attention to him.  I had to stop and try to figure out the make(not a glock guy not sure of model).  I had to laugh at myself since I was feeling a little weird for CCWing my full sized M&P9. 

I'm in Brunswick right now for work, the area is pretty liberal due to Bowdoin College. As I was walking out of Wal-Mart I walked past a guy OCing a full sized Glock. Nobody except me seemed to pay any attention to him. I had to stop and try to figure out the make(not a glock guy not sure of model). I had to laugh at myself since I was feeling a little weird for CCWing my full sized M&P9.

It's awesome, right?? God I wish Jersey would be more like free America!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read carefully. They DROPPED FL,VA,AZ for nonresidents. The others you're referring to were already resident permit only.I'm referring to recent changes, not what was already the case.

OK, then let's review what you said since I need to read carefully.

That's not true.

They only dropped FL, AZ, VA. They dropped ID completely. The rest are intact, and likely to stay intact because of the McKown ruling.

OK, so which of "the rest" are intact?

Well, you answered by adding this:

Anyway, the only real viable option for NJ residents now is Utah.

That is interesting. You told me I was wrong twice and then completely agreed with my original point.