greatgunstatenj

Break through product for wound care

This looks like a really cool new product that could seriously save some lives out on the battlefield. It's called XStat and it injects sponges into deep wounds so medics don't have to use gauze (which doesn't really stop bleeding). I'm guessing it will be available to the public, might be good for a range bag as well.

http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/how-simple-new-invention-seals-gunshot-wound-15-seconds?src=SOC&dom=tw

FWIW I have treated hundreds of gunshot wounds as an EMT/ RN in the streets of Newark and Irvington. This seems like a simple concept that will probably work anywhere in the body except in the chest/ back area where the lungs are. Didn't research its just an opinion.

This looks like a really cool new product that could seriously save some lives out on the battlefield. It's called XStat and it injects sponges into deep wounds so medics don't have to use gauze (which doesn't really stop bleeding). I'm guessing it will be available to the public, might be good for a range bag as well.

http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/how-simple-new-invention-seals-gunshot-wound-15-seconds?src=SOC&dom=tw

This looks promising, we shall see....

And gauze does a pretty good job of stopping bleeding if you pack the wound correctly and apply a enough pressure.

I am very interested in getting my hands on that device looks like it will be pretty useful.

And gauze does a pretty good job of stopping bleeding if you pack the wound correctly and apply a enough pressure.

Haven't had the opportunity to try that but others have also said similar things about packing the wound