jm1827

Range 14 trip today

Took my daughter and one of her friends shooting today, there was a total of 6 of us at the rifle range.  When we checked in they told us that they would not be calling any cease fires just to work it out with the 2 guys already shooting.

The girls got cold after a while but overall they had a great time.  My daughter shot a pistol for the first time and loved it. 

Definitely a good day at the range!

Went for the first time on Saturday.  I think I found my new home.  $60 to join and cheap lane rental for a 2-hour block of time. 200 yard rifle range and 50-yard pistol range, not that you can't simply shoot pistols on the long range.

What I like about this range:

-Easy to get to once you know the way

-Lanes are spaced well far apart, so you don't feel stuffed in with the next guy 2 feet away.

-Rules make sense.  Stay away from your table during cease-fire times (which go quickly)

-No problem with aluminum or other non-brass casings

I only miss the electric target retrieval when working on a scope.  Sucks to wait until the next time-out to hoof it to the targets to see how your adjustments worked, but a good binocular would do the trick.

They sell targets but no ammo.

Went for the first time on Saturday.  I think I found my new home.  $60 to join and cheap lane rental for a 2-hour block of time. 200 yard rifle range and 50-yard pistol range, not that you can't simply shoot pistols on the long range.

What I like about this range:

-Easy to get to once you know the way

-Lanes are spaced well far apart, so you don't feel stuffed in with the next guy 2 feet away.

-Rules make sense.  Stay away from your table during cease-fire times (which go quickly)

-No problem with aluminum or other non-brass casings

I only miss the electric target retrieval when working on a scope.  Sucks to wait until the next time-out to hoof it to the targets to see how your adjustments worked, but a good binocular would do the trick.

They sell targets but no ammo.

They rent spotting scopes for $4 an hour.