Sign in to follow this  
Bt Doctur

powder in Tulsa.Ok

This place has lots of powders, but dosen`t ship.  www.dongsguns.com   ?  Can it be transported by aircraft ,if so how many pounds.

Can it be transported by personal truck, and the max limit in pounds?

Can it be transported by rental truck?

Laws and regulations moving powder in your personal vehicle or trailer?

Without taking time to actually look up the relevant regulations, I think transport by commercial aircraft is a no-go.  You can transport loaded ammo in checked baggage in factory boxes or better (plastic boxes good, plastic bags bad).   I think the regulations limit you to 5 kg of ammo, but some airlines have lower limits.  I'm pretty sure powder and primers cannot be checked, only assembled ammo.

Transport in a personal car or truck should be ok, for reasonable 'personal use' quantities.  I suspect there may be a weight limit somewhere in the DOT regs, but I don't know what it is.  I don't know if trailers are treated differently.  Commercial transport will be treated differently!  If you were found hauling massive quantities, it's going to look like commercial transport, and it might be hard explaining why you are hauling it without a CDL, hazmat endorsement, and vehicle placards.

Transport in a rental truck for personal use is likely treated the same as transport in a personal vehicle…except your rental agreement for the truck may have additional restrictions in it.

13-3 SMOKELESS PROPELLANTS

13-3.1 Quantities of smokeless propellants not exceeding 25 lb (11.3 kg), in shipping containers approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation, shall be permitted to be transported in a private vehicle.

13-3.2 Quantities of smokeless propellants exceeding 25 lb (11.3 kg) but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), transported in a private vehicle, shall be transported in a portable magazine having wood walls of at least 1 in. (25.4 mm) nominal thickness.

13-3.3 Transportation of more than 50 lb (22.7 kg) of smokeless propellants in a private vehicle shall be prohibited