Sign in to follow this  
70gto

ccw insurance

One thing to be aware of is that all the policies I checked on you will need to front the money first for your legal defense  and then if you are found not guilty of a crime you will be reimbursed, anyone find a policy that provides money for bail,lawyers fees,expert witnesses upfront. Over the years I have had the FOP policy,the NRA etc and all were roughly the same conditions……. Like PK I settled with the NRA LEO policy. Homeowners had no rider for this type coverage. 70gto If you find something good please advise,thanks.

One thing to be aware of is that all the policies I checked on you will need to front the money first for your legal defense  and then if you are found not guilty of a crime you will be reimbursed, anyone find a policy that provides money for bail,lawyers fees,expert witnesses upfront. Over the years I have had the FOP policy,the NRA etc and all were roughly the same conditions……. Like PK I settled with the NRA LEO policy. Homeowners had no rider for this type coverage. 70gto If you find something good please advise,thanks.

So far I got nothing, for some reason the other day I started thinking I should look into this. I carry insurance on everything else, in case. We all work too hard and too long to have everything taken away in a scenario that I hope to god would never happen.  Defense attorneys and of course the ALWAYS civil action that follows would be devastating even if you are 100% correct in your actions. I will report back any research I find worth talking about, Thank you. 

70 GTO thanks, always a good idea to be covered just in case.

Deer slayer not sure about CCW USA  or USCCA I have read both positive and negative info so not sure how it is run, will check again as I understand they do state that they will provide legal defense and bail funds but have never got any information on individuals using same.

OGG you have found the USCCA to be worth the funds? thanks for the info.

So far I got nothing, for some reason the other day I started thinking I should look into this. I carry insurance on everything else, in case. We all work too hard and too long to have everything taken away in a scenario that I hope to god would never happen.  Defense attorneys and of course the ALWAYS civil action that follows would be devastating even if you are 100% correct in your actions. I will report back any research I find worth talking about, Thank you. 

Many states, such as PA and Florida, either prohibit civil suits if you are acquitted or allow it as a defense to civil suit. In PA it's the latter. They can bring the suit (to harass you) but their lawyer will be demanding cash up front to file it. Because as soon as you raise it as a defense, the case will be dismissed unless they can prove the defense does not apply (almost 0% chance). Something like that.

It's a common component to many Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws. I don't think it's in the majority of states, but it is in quite a few, I don't know for sure.

Of course, that doesn't help you pay for your criminal defense.

Fox you are correct,  unfortunately  I think this state as well as others like Kalifornia, NY etc would go out of there way to try to prosecute someone for a self defense case. Pretty sad when the real defendant or their family can sue you for criminal acts that they participated in. Lost future income, so they rob and beat and kill people they end up dead  or in the hospital and the family sues for damages go figure…………..