Sign in to follow this  
checko

See All Open Sight

Seen this sight on an email from the firearms blog today.  I think it looks pretty interesting.  I'm always looking for new types of optics.  I could see myself trying this out on my shotgun or new AK.  What do you all think?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/03/19/concept-see-open-sight-fiber-optic-self-contained-sight/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2014-03-25&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

As far as THIS particular thing, I am not sure how I feel.  Probably couldn't make a decision without actually using it, which is unlikely.

As far as optics on a shotgun- Adding an Aimpoint Micro to my combat shotguns absolutely changed them from awesome to really awesome.

First it went on my M930SPX and it seriously was amazing.  When I upgraded the stock ghost rings to full fiber optics, I put the Micro on my customized 870 because the 870 Tactical comes with "XS Sights Ghost Ring Rear and Big Dot Front" and those sights sort of suck.  So the Micro is on that one, and again,, absolutely amazing.

If I was wing shooting for bird hunting or clays/traps/skeets etc. I might not use an optic but otherwise, it really made a huge difference to me.