Sign in to follow this  
AlDente67

Mossberg Night Train 2? Opinions?

So I'm looking at this interesting piece someone has for sale - The Mossberg Night Train 2 with Barska scope and bi-pod.

Here are the specs I have:

MOS ATR NIGHT TRAIN2 308 22" BL/SY

Cost: $799

ATR ® NIGHT TRAIN ™ 2 • .308 Winchester• 4+1 capacity• 22 " fluted barrel• Black synthetic stock• Bolt-action• Creep-free Lightning Bolt Action ™ (LBA ™ ) Trigger System• Free-floating, button-rifled barrel• Barska 6-24x50mm variable scope w/multicoated optics, variable brightness illuminated crosshair reticle, 5'' sunshade & flip-open lens protectors• Picatinny rail• Muzzle break• Harris ® adjustable bipod• Neoprene comb raising kit w/foam cheek pad inserts• Top load magazine• Matte blue finish• Wt.: 9.5 lbs.• OAL: 42''• Fully factory assembled• 2-Year Limited Warranty• Includes: gun lock  

So no sling or case.  Scope seems to have good reviews to a degree, for a cheaper scope anyway (the thing is huge).

If I were really looking for a 7.62, frankly I'd rather have a larger mag, but that is minor.  What do you think of this for the price?

Well my neighboor has one and nothing but problems. First throw away the scope second get a better stock third retighten all screws but not too much or the bolt doesnt close. Fourth he put it on safe at the range and it fired without his finger anywhere near the trigger Any other questions. Other than that. Just great.

Well my neighboor has one and nothing but problems. First throw away the scope second get a better stock third retighten all screws but not too much or the bolt doesnt close. Fourth he put it on safe at the range and it fired without his finger anywhere near the trigger Any other questions. Other than that. Just great.

I don't see a problem there.  Maybe your neighbor has special powers?

:gaming:

I passed on it already.