edwill86

efga section acsess

I have a spot scope but when its busy there I have no place to set it up. I wouldn't want to check every time I shot but no one ever let's me change my targets ever. We stood around after asking if we could set up when we got to the range for almost 20 min b4 ppl stopped last time we where there.

Yes I have a vortex RDS with a 3x screw on magnifier on my saiga 7.62. You can acutally hit a target over 50 yards with it :p. I hope the next time I go I have a better experience.

Just curious if anyone from the thread was up there today. I was there from 9:30 til about one. All good safe shooters,range officer was fine looked like everyone present was having a great day. Filled up a little as we were leaving but no one waiting on a bench.

i dunno when i show up i usually unpack, load mags, then look around and yell "can we go cold" and usually 30secs to a minute tops range is cold and we all go check targets.  Never had a problem at any of the ranges getting people to go cold.  Usually pretty safe too, once in a while I have to tell someone to put a gun down, stop playing with mags or get behind the line.  Every time they have apologized, and stopped doing whatever they were doing wrong. I usually go on weekends early afternoon, been there 2-3 times in the past month had no problems.

I have to agree with this:

i dunno when i show up i usually unpack, load mags, then look around and yell "can we go cold" and usually 30secs to a minute tops range is cold and we all go check targets.  Never had a problem at any of the ranges getting people to go cold.  Usually pretty safe too, once in a while I have to tell someone to put a gun down, stop playing with mags or get behind the line.  Every time they have apologized, and stopped doing whatever they were doing wrong. I usually go on weekends early afternoon, been there 2-3 times in the past month had no problems.

I've never had anyone ignore a request to go cold, but it surely helps to make eye contact with everyone when doing so. I have been there when a guy on the left end station did not hear the call to go cold and fired a shot just as the others began to walk out past the line. Everyone there got into his grill, but in all honesty we were just as guilty because we did not get confirmation that he had heard and stepped back. Aso, there was a clown there playing cowboy with his AK once, but again he was straightened out fairly quickly. I do wish that the rule about wearing IDs was a little less lax as I suspect there are non-members shooting there on occasion and they are often either ignorant of the safety rules or willfully ignore.

I think the place and the people are generally excelllent. Don't cash out because of a couple of butt-heads.