Sign in to follow this  
Carcano

Utah CCW courses - South Jersey?

If this is in the wrong section, mods please move..

Any Utah CCW courses in South Jersey coming up?

Multi State CCW course, includes Utah, Florida, Az, and Virginia.

The bad news is, it's this Saturday, all day. (11/8)!  You might need to call them quickly.

Shucks, that's cutting it close! Anyone know of any others for November, December, or January?

Also I'm still waiting on my P2P but I can borrow a relatives S&W 44 Mag but it's a 8 3/8" barrel model so not exactly concealable.

Utah classes are pen and paper with no live fire, right???

Shucks, that's cutting it close! Anyone know of any others for November, December, or January?

Also I'm still waiting on my P2P but I can borrow a relatives S&W 44 Mag but it's a 8 3/8" barrel model so not exactly concealable.

It doesn't need to be concealable for the Quinton course. There is a live fire portion for the FL permits part, but it's held in the afternoon. If all you want is the UT permit, it's the first thing they do, and they will prioritize you on the fingerprint line and the piictures, notary etc. They usually do FL either 2nd or 3rd.  You don't have to pay for all the training, just the ones you want, and that's all the paper work that will get notarized and for which fingerprints etc. will be taken.

And, yes, UT is just paper and pen.

It doesn't need to be concealable for the Quinton course. There is a live fire portion for the FL permits part, but it's held in the afternoon. If all you want is the UT permit, it's the first thing they do, and they will prioritize you on the fingerprint line and the piictures, notary etc. They usually do FL either 2nd or 3rd.  You don't have to pay for all the training, just the ones you want, and that's all the paper work that will get notarized and for which fingerprints etc. will be taken.

Thanks! I might get my ass in gear and call them ASAP I really want a UT CCW since it covers the free states my relatives live in.

Thanks! I might get my ass in gear and call them ASAP I really want a UT CCW since it covers the free states my relatives live in.

There will be quite a few people that take only the UT portion. That's why they do it first. All they do after that is add the state specific portions for the other states. And that's mostly about how to fill out the specific app forms for that state, as well as the FBI fingerprint cards for that state. AZ requires two cards. The other states only require one. But it has to be done *exactly* right.

I got am email from Shooters a few weeks ago that they were doing a FL & Utah ccw class in November and December. Sorry I don't remember the dates give them a call if you are close to them that is.

Sent from my ADR6350

BTW you CAN'T just borrow someones handgun, unless they are present. That would be a illegal transfer.

Banger's -Winslow, NJ (you can check their website for more info)

Utah Concealed Carry Classes Offered

1st Saturday of every month at 9:00am

& 3rd Thursday of every month at 6:00pm

I'm a member at SJSC so very familiar with the shop :)

Thank you! I will call them this week :)

So far from the truth, once again NJSP making up misinformation.

I find it shocking, a trooper let me borrow his shotgun and AR before I had my FPID and take it to the range (without him being present) so I guess me and a trooper violated the law? or does this apply to handguns only???

Can anyone confirm if live fire is required for a FLORIDA CCW? I'm looking at getting both a FL and UT and while I know UT has no live fire requirement it appears FL is the same.

Can anyone confirm who has taken the FL course?

yes, FL requires Live fire...   See Question 6 of the FLDACS CCW form

The Quinton course I mentioned will provide it for you,  but you must bring your own hand gun and ammo.

yes, FL requires Live fire...   See Question 6 of the FLDACS CCW form

The Quinton course I mentioned will provide it for you,  but you must bring your own hand gun and ammo.

For now I'm going to do the UT course and when my P2P's come in I'll take the FL course.

Thank you for the links and wish me luck! :)

For now I'm going to do the UT course and when my P2P's come in I'll take the FL course.

Thank you for the links and wish me luck! :)

Best of luck.  Talk to them and see if you can, at least, take the FL classroom part, etc. Maybe they'll let you just make up the live fire portion later and then notarize your docs. Or, maybe, someone on the range might be "magnanimous,,,,"  :D :D  As long as they stand with you.... But FL is a good one to have. $112. but it's good for 7 years. The others are only 5.  Just sayin'. it would be a shame to have to pay the training fee all over again if you didn't have to...