Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

The bears are out

I figured that, it's the only place they have a little bit of woods to hide in. I'm sure it's the nice towns like. Wyckoff, upper saddle river, Ridgewood, ect. I have nothing against those that pull the R lever at the voting booth. Why can't these people do something to get rid of Wineberg? I'm thinking coyotes running around her neighborhood would help lol!

I'm thinking more a  bear like the OP has to get on her case preferably with rabies,,,.Wineberg has her district locked up and tossed the key. on the other hand my district has all R reps- Congressman. Senator and Asemblymen.Even my town. Doing my part as best i can. 

I'm thinking more a bear like the OP has to get on her case preferably with rabies,,,.Wineberg has her district locked up and tossed the key. on the other hand my district has all R reps- Congressman. Senator and Asemblymen.Even my town. Doing my part as best i can.

My entire county is R, senator, free holders, and assembly reps, including every mayor in every town, and I believe town council members as well. I don't know of any towns in my county with any democrat holding public office. Let me know when Bergen county can say that. They rarely even run here most elections are R vs R.

you ever look at a legislative district map of Brgn cnty? Its not like Sussex that is maybe one? we have 7/8 and some cross over into other counties. I wish we folk in the "nicer towns" could vote out the garbage (wineberg) but she comes from just one that actually has only about 12 of the 70 towns here. I actually looked into relocating to Sussex because it does seem like a different state in areas but dang you'll have the same stupid laws we do lol. 

you ever look at a legislative district map of Brgn cnty? Its not like Sussex that is maybe one? we have 7/8 and some cross over into other counties. I wish we folk in the "nicer towns" could vote out the garbage (wineberg) but she comes from just one that actually has only about 12 of the 70 towns here. I actually looked into relocating to Sussex because it does seem like a different state in areas but dang you'll have the same stupid laws we do lol.

Your absolutely correct! Except I can walk out my front door with a rifle in hand walking to my garage and my neighbors wave and say "hi Steve, did you get that doe eating my flowers yet with the bow?" Your neighbors may call the swat team lol... even if my neighbors did call the cops there aren't any in my town I'm not already friends from childhood with. The outcome would probably be in my favor.

As I'm in Sussex as well, it's impossible to run as a democrat.  D = not elected.   What we get are super liberal republicans...so we have to watch out for those. They want to spend spend and spend some more and just raise taxes to cover it.     Witness the recent solar debacle that affects Sussex.  They've got us on the hook for millions.  They were sucked into a hair brained scheme that somehow Solar would pay for itself and not cost the taxpayers anything.    As far as solar radiance goes, northern NJ is 3.0kw per square meter per day, and is as low as it gets in the United States.   Even Seattle Washington is even or better.    Anyone that thinks that Solar in this part of the state is a good idea simply doesn't know anything about science or economics.    Solar is great if it's supplemental or for trying to be off grid or something, but to power schools and office buildings and make money at it in the worst possible solar climate?  Only morons or greedy politicians make those kinds of deals.

My town has its spending issues as well. They decided to put in sewers about 12 years ago even though we voted NO on sewers in 1995. They claimed they had to to protect the lake. Fine no problem. Did I mention my town is about 900 feet above sea level and positioned atop of a mountain? Anyway they put the bid out and the contractor that won said no problem here's the price, about a third of the way through he went belly up and quit in the middle of the project. Apparently there was more solid rock then they expected (no shit!) Contractor number 2 comes in and finished the job at about twice the cost. So the town was out what they overpaid idiot number one, and into it now to contractor #2. The town still hasn't paved all the roads they dug up over a decade ago at this point. three years my road was a war zone. thankfully its a main road and they did repave eventually. The other side streets are still torn up and half ass patched. The worst part is the quarterly asement was supposed to be $212 per quarter, it was for a year then shot up to $327 its almost $1400 a year now for my shit to flush down the drain. I still have a well as does most of the town. So they can't figure a bill on usage just a flat rate for all for 20 years. At least I'm half way through that. Hopefully I won't be here when its finally paid off.

Worst part was I had just bought my house and replaced the septic to the tune of 30k, three months later they decided to do sewers. I had to be dragged out of the mayor's office I went there to freak out. You think they would have told me not to do the septic because, in 3 months were getting sewers on my street. You don't get a choice to tie in or not. If they are in the road you must connect.

You would think they would have brought city water and natural gas in at the same time. But that would have made sense. They're constantly trying every year since to raise taxes above the 2% cap. Thankfully they're shot down every time they try.

At least they like guns and I get permits quick. Even Republican towns make idiot choices sometimes.

The Sewers they put in down in Vernon are going to shutter a number of businesses.  The sewer costs were supposed to be shared by all users.  The goal was to get a bunch of Businesses into a new "Main Street".  This is the project that built a new road and utilities...only to find out that the water retention pond for use by the fire dept, build by the town 100+ years ago, is now a protected wetland and no more building can occur near it.

Now without new users on the sewer, all the existing users have to split the cost.   They gave the little restaurant in town that has been there for forever, The Mixing Bowl, something like a bill for $60k  not to mention ongoing usage charges.

The idiots then made some noise about putting in sewers up where I live...on the mountain at 1250 feet in Highland Lakes.  Fortunately, we're a private community and were able to thwart it before it got started.

The Solar project affects you to.   Sussex county is on the hook for 88 million dollars or at least that is that last number I heard.   You'll get to eat a piece of that as much as me. 

The Sewers they put in down in Vernon are going to shutter a number of businesses. The sewer costs were supposed to be shared by all users. The goal was to get a bunch of Businesses into a new "Main Street". This is the project that built a new road and utilities...only to find out that the water retention pond for use by the fire dept, build by the town 100+ years ago, is now a protected wetland and no more building can occur near it.

Now without new users on the sewer, all the existing users have to split the cost. They gave the little restaurant in town that has been there for forever, The Mixing Bowl, something like a bill for $60k not to mention ongoing usage charges.

The idiots then made some noise about putting in sewers up where I live...on the mountain at 1250 feet in Highland Lakes. Fortunately, we're a private community and were able to thwart it before it got started.

The Solar project affects you to. Sussex county is on the hook for 88 million dollars or at least that is that last number I heard. You'll get to eat a piece of that as much as me.

I noticed my county tax increase as well already.

I couldn't imagine them trying to run sewer up Break Neck Road lol. Isn't the mixing bowl at the top? I have a few buddies that live up there, in no man's land hahha.

My town has its spending issues as well. They decided to put in sewers about 12 years ago even though we voted NO on sewers in 1995. They claimed they had to to protect the lake. Fine no problem. Did I mention my town is about 900 feet above sea level and positioned atop of a mountain? Anyway they put the bid out and the contractor that won said no problem here's the price, about a third of the way through he went belly up and quit in the middle of the project. Apparently there was more solid rock then they expected (no shit!) Contractor number 2 comes in and finished the job at about twice the cost. So the town was out what they overpaid idiot number one, and into it now to contractor #2. The town still hasn't paved all the roads they dug up over a decade ago at this point. three years my road was a war zone. thankfully its a main road and they did repave eventually. The other side streets are still torn up and half ass patched. The worst part is the quarterly asement was supposed to be $212 per quarter, it was for a year then shot up to $327 its almost $1400 a year now for my shit to flush down the drain. I still have a well as does most of the town. So they can't figure a bill on usage just a flat rate for all for 20 years. At least I'm half way through that. Hopefully I won't be here when its finally paid off. Worst part was I had just bought my house and replaced the septic to the tune of 30k, three months later they decided to do sewers. I had to be dragged out of the mayor's office I went there to freak out. You think they would have told me not to do the septic because, in 3 months were getting sewers on my street. You don't get a choice to tie in or not. If they are in the road you must connect. You would think they would have brought city water and natural gas in at the same time. But that would have made sense. They're constantly trying every year since to raise taxes above the 2% cap. Thankfully they're shot down every time they try. At least they like guns and I get permits quick. Even Republican towns make idiot choices sometimes.

that 30k- ouch! reminds me of back when i was relocating new driveway. needed a new concrete curb cut, apron, replace the old curb cut and r/r 100' of sidewalk. got the permit and was shopping contractors when one who was a buddy asked why because our street was designated for repaving later that yr and any concrete work was available to the residents at a steep discount negotiated by the town in hope of us repairing the neglected sidewaks we are responsible for. And did anyone tell me that info from town hall, of course not! Unbelievable. Worked out well for me and got all the concrete done for less than half of a few quotes by paying the contractor in cash.Pulled up to my house in a shiny black towne car, had his man take the$$ lol. Didnt mind paying for the un-needed permit.