302w

Working in NYC

I've been doing it for about ten years now.  Here's the deal, the Hudson Country region is so saturated with commuters that no matter where you are (even right outside the GW, Lincoln or Holland) you can expect a 30-60 minute commute.  It's a shit show once in a while for commuters outside the county (I take the NJ transit 128/165/168 line).  The NY taxes only cover up to 98% of NJ taxes and I wind up writing a small check to NJ once a year, no biggie though.  The biggest gripes I have are the Port Authority waits to get on and get off a bus, that terminal needs to be demolished and rebuilt but the just nixed a plan to do so.  In regards to doing it from PA, good luck.

I concur. And the entry from the NJ TPKE onto the express bus lane needs to be re-done so it avoids the logjam of regular cars and trucks. Hell... They could use another tube. Quality of life would improve for 600,000 people if they figured out how to make some efficient changes.

A good commute to city is from Ho-Ho-Kus are on 17. It was 60 mins door to door.